Introduction

A middle-aged girl opened half door of the office and informed Himani while peeping outside,"Aapko warden mam ander bula rhi hai."

Himani closed her book, smiled at her and entered inside the room taking her luggage along. She smiled at the warden and wished, "Good evening ma'am".

The warden stopped writing and looked at her from the corner of her glasses and smiled back at her, "Good Evening. Please sit."

"Thankyou ma'am" She smiled back and sat down after properly keeping her luggages beside the chair.

"I am very sorry Himani. There is a bad news for you my child."The warden placed both her hands on the table and continued after a sigh, "Girl's hostel is fully booked and you informed little late. Actually, iss saal jyada admissions huwe hai. Islea temporarily humnein boys hostel ke third floor ko khali karwa kar girl's ka lea room available kiya hai. Those rooms are totally safe as guards are there. But, those rooms are also filled up. Right now, only 1 room is available which is quite small."

"Ohh. That's really okay ma'am, I have no issues. Vaise bhi I am planning to stay here only for sometime, I'll be shifting later." Himani interrupted with a smile.

The warden stopped instantly and gave a shocking look to her. She thought that Himani would change her words after her look. But, she kept her smile intact and kept looking confidently in her eyes. After few seconds, She laughed a bit, "Yeah. Yaha par sabhi bas kuch months ka lea hi aate hai. Then, mostly sabhi flats mein shift ho jate hai or gf bf ke saath shift ho jaate hai. But, I like the attitude. Because, ye cheez kabhi koi start mein hi btata nhi hai."

Himani smiled too, "Thankyou ma'am. I like to say things as they are"

"That's really good."The warden smiled and extended the register and a pen, "You have to sign here."

She took out the keys from the drawer, when Himani signed on the register, and gave to her. "This is the key of your room."

*.*

Himani opened the lock of the door and sighed with disgusting expressions after checking the whole room. The room was very small and dusty, but it was suitable only for a single person.

She kept her bags near the door and left from there to call a sweeper. The sweeper cleaned the room without asking anything and then left from there.

Himani entered in the room and locked the door. She opened all windows of the room to remove the wierd smell from there. She didn't waste any other minute, took out her laptop and started doing her work.

Her full focus was on the laptop screen, but she narrowed her eyebrows when she started hearing a voice. She turned her towards the window.

"Tere siva dekhun bhi main toh kahaan... Tere siva dekhun bhi main toh kahaan

Baat itni si sun zara
Tu hi meri jaan."A boy's sang.

The voice was coming from the room below her room. She took few seconds to realize that someone was singing a song. She made an irritating face, and again concentrated on the laptop screen.

"Heeriye...
Heeriye...
Heeriye..."The voice came loudly which broke her concentration.

Instantly, she kept the laptop aside, and went towards windows to close all of them. She again sat down on the bed, and resumed her work.