1.

Ax sipped the tea peacefully looking out the window of the Cullen Household. This had become his daily routine while Esme's kids were at school.

He hated school.

He didn't the appeal in getting new clothes and shoes. School supplies and meeting teachers that would 9 times out of 10 expect respect without giving it in return. It would be hell in a small town like this. Everybody knew everybody. Everyone had the ability to gossip about anyone's kid.

"You know... You won't get far without graduating." Esme said making him a sandwich.

"I won't get far by graduating. I would need a college degree to survive in this world. Might as well die, ya know."

Esme frowned as the door opened.

"Esme?" A soft voice said and the woman hugged the blonde man.

"Welcome home." She said sweetly kissing him. Nibbles walked over and sniffed the newcomer cautiously.

"You have a guest." He announced looking at the boy, who snapped a picture of him then huffed when he saw the low quality.

" He announced looking at the boy, who snapped a picture of him then huffed when he saw the low quality

"His name is Ax. Ax, this is my husband, Carlisle." The boy waved and the blonde man nodded.

Esme put a plate down near him and Nibs instantly began eating half of the sandwich. Ax took a small bite of his half watching Carlisle cautiously. He didn't have the best history with men.

"Nice to meet you but aren't you supposed to be in school."

"School is for losers." He muttered in response and Nibs crawled onto his leg and took his sandwich. Ax let him since he'd lost his appetite.

"Surprising that a puppy can eat so much." Carlisle rubbed her plush face with a finger and the pup licked it in return.

"I took a good picture earlier, Esme. In the forest on the way here, I mean." He said showing her the phone screen.

" He said showing her the phone screen

Esme smiled brightly showing Carlisle. "It's beautiful. I wish I could print it."

"The pup sure knows how to pose." Ax nodded rubbing her head.