6. (E)

2 months later

Axel sniffed around adjusting to his incredible sense of smell. The vampires didn't retain their sickly sweet smell to him and he didn't smell like a wet dog. Sam is insists that it is because he is a half breed. He was only as good as a well trained dog.

'You good, Dude.' Jared asked stumbling down the hill.

'Yea, I can see everything from here.'

'This isn't over.'

'She's plotting. Can wait to sink my teeth into her pretty little neck!' Leah joined them sniffing the air around them.

The three wolves sat there for a moment before running back towards their respective territories. Jared followed Leah before blowing a puff of warm mist in Axel's direction.

It was colder, now.

A blizzard was coming.

He jumped down a cliff and chased after a buck for food.
--------
Jasper sat staring at the television watching Seattle return from its destruction. He was skeptical about the total of missing people.

Carlisle sat beside him with his hands crossed in front of his face. He knew the leader was deep in thought about Victoria's action.

"I believe that we should go to Volterra and consult the Volturi directly."

"They won't protect them. Caius would have the guard kill Axel if they found out he's a wolf." Jasper opposed.

"Then take Axel to Dena- No, I'm not leaving again. Last I left, my entire family abandoned my mate for himself." The vampire hissed and the air in the room spiked in temperature for a moment.

"Fin-" Jasper spat

Suddenly, the door opened and Axel walked in wearing a towel as he sneezed.

"The blizzard came quicker than Alice predicted."

"I'll draw a warm bath." The tension released as the two vampire's looked away.

In the bath, Axel looked down in thought before turning his gaze towards the golden eyed vampire next to the tub. His cheek grazing the cool ceramic as her laid his head down.

"What?"

"You're so pretty." He muttered as the blood rushed to his cheeks.

Jasper chuckled looking away bashfully as the shifter rose from his sitting position.

"Alice is washing your clothes. We are going to Volterra by Carlisle's suggestion."

"I see..." Axel rubbed the slippery substance on his arms, "Can I tell you something?"

The vampire grazed his cheek and the wolf flinched from the sudden cold.

"I can see the aura of anything with a gift. I tried to see Billy Black's aura and it was close to nonexistent compared to Leah or Jacob."

"Can you see mine?"

"I've been able to see yours. It's always a cool blue color." Right then there was a bark and soft panting. They looked down to see Nibbles watching innocently. She jumped on Jasper's lap and curled up comfortably.

"I missed you, Nib." Axel cooed rubbing her ear with his knuckles. The dog let out a pleasured whine before looking at him. Her tongue was slightly peeking from her lips.

 Her tongue was slightly peeking from her lips