2. (E)

Axel walked around the arcade playing different claw machines.

"Which one: candy, or plushies?" He asked the blonde vampire.

She looked at Emmett, "Win me a toy?"

"Anything for my Rose." They kissed and he began playing.

"Alice said that Carlisle will take a blood sample from me and compare it to Sam. He wants more information about the gene." Axel explained watching a crane full of toosie rolls and laffy taffy deposit its load of treats.

"That's a good idea. Where's Alice and Jasper?" Emmett asked before letting out a tsk as his crane came back empty.

"Hunting. Alice's favorite prey is in season. Jasper's been craving coyotes and goats lately. It's been tense between me and Jas." Axel muttered looking around to see if anyone was listening in.

"Why so?" Emmett nodded as he finally got the frog.

"Well, we tried to have sex but it..." Axel blew a breath turning red, "was terribly awkward. We ended up giving up after a while."

Rose snickered as Emmett grabbed the plush from the opening at the bottom.

The blonde vampire hugged it close to her chest and Axel snorted.

"It's kinda creepy." He poked it and Rosalie pulled it away protectively.

"He's perfect." She said to Emmett who was pouting.

"You gonna name him or something." Axel said jokingly.

Rosalie's mouth opened and closed like a fish out of water before she looked away bashfully.

"Name him Fredrick." The human chuckled before walking away towards the trash can to throw away the yellow Laffy Taffys. He hated bananas.

"I like that. Fredrick the frog." Emmett said elbowing her teasingly.

"Yes." Rose held the plush to her chest as they left.
-------

"So Axel has a lot of mutated genes." Carlisle said softly. The two men looked at each other and shrugged in confusion.

"What does that mean for the shifting gene?"

"It's still in him but not activated by vampire activity. He acts similar to female shifter. He carries the gene but it is unknown how to trigger it. Leah is a special case to investigate." Carlisle explained.

"What if he does shift? Will he join the pack?" Sam asked tensely.

"Discuss with your pack elders. Alice is attracted and Jasper will not let him leave."

Axel looked at Sam and he nodded at him.

"Want to learn about your heritage, Little Cousin?" He asked in a surprisingly warm voice. The human huffed as the shapeshifter ruffled his growing mane of dark hair.