3.

The next day, he decided to go to school. He debated on taking Nib until he decides to bring her along for the 'lols'. He knew the teachers and parents would be tense. They always wanted to exclude him and make him feel miserable. When Nibbles attacked that boy, it was a rude awakening for them that they couldn't touch him anymore.

Ax walks down the street texting Esme as he stops at the bus stop. Nib wore her vest proudly despite the looks of judgement on the some of the kids and adults nearby. He got on the bus and the bus driver welcomed him.

His fosters didn't care much about buying anything except necessities. His foster mom was...

Ice and snow was everywhere and Ax almost slipped at the front gate grabbing the nearest things on the way down. Which happened to be a girl.

"Fuck! I'm so sorry." He said getting up.

"It's fine. I'm Bella. Are you new?" She asked tucking her brown hair behind her ear.

"No, I just never come to school." He said with a laugh.

"Is that a dog?" She asks with starry eyes.

"Don't touch, she's working. Nibs is a service dog." He explains and Bella takes her hand away.

"I'm sorry. She's very pretty." The girl said shyly. Nibs yawned and looked around.

"We should go to class."

"Oh, shoot." Bella said as she remembered that she needed to meet Jessica. "I'll see you later, maybe."

"See ya, Bella."
-----

He walked into the school and instantly, he found Alice among the crowd with Edward and 2 other guys. He saw Rosalie, who turned back at him and stared curiously. He flinched a bit at her resting bitch face.

"Is that your dog?" Jessica said when he entered the classroom.

"No, it's your mom. We met up last night. What do you think?" Jessica blushed furiously turning around. The blonde came in with a low laugh under her breath.

"I'm Rosalie. I believe we didn't get off on a good note yesterday."

"Ax. Cullen?"

"Close enough. Hale. Carlisle and Esme are still my parents." She explained holding out his bag that fell over under her desk. "What's this?"

He groaned putting Nibbles' blanket down. "Her bag. It has her water bowl, treats, leash, doggy bags, etc."

"Cute." Nibs tilted her head looking at Rosalie.

"Does your dog have shoes?" A girl whispered.

"Kinda, their boots for her paws. Especially with weather like Forks." He explained before the late bell rang and class began.
------

The first half of classes was boring and it felt like forever until lunch.

He sat alone at a table by the Cullen table. Nibs lapped at her water sitting next to him on the bench.

"So we know Rosalie, Edward, Alice but the other two are a mystery to me." One brown haired boy with muscles and the other had messy blonde hair and was lean. The former of the two was quite interest. How was he so big?

Nibs got up and traveled over to see what all the commotion was about with these new humans. The pup struggled to get her chubby body on bench but succeeded in joining the Cullen table.

"Maybe, I should follow her lead?" He thought picking up everything and walking over.

"Ax!" Alice said happily hugging him, "It's so good to see you. Your arm..."

"It's just a cast but, it's good to see you, too, Alice." He pat her back feeling a bit uncomfortable by her overly touchy nature.

"Ax, this is Jasper and Emmett." She introduced the other two.

"Hey." The brunette said causally.

"Nice to meet you. Alice is excited for your sleepover." Emmett said shaking his hand firmly.

"Sleepover. I'm cool with that." Ax returned his handshake.

"It's a Happy Thursday. I can make cookies with Esme!" Alice said grinning from ear to ear before pausing, "Jasper, introduce yourself."

The boy looked away and Ax could feel his heart begin to race. His chest tightened and he lookd down.

"He doesn't have to. Besides, I make him uncomfortable." He stated waving it off.

"It's rude to make someone feel so unwelcome, Jazz." Alice put her hands on her hips ignoring the human's protests.

"Good afternoon, Axel. My mother talks very fondly of you." Jasper muttered looking away.

"Jasper..." He muttered in reply. Nibs pawed his hand as Ax began scratching.

Lunch was over rather quickly and Jasper noticed that the human didn't eat a thing. Nobody else noticed but he did.

He wondered why wasn't the boy eating?
-----

The two didn't see each other again until last period in gym 2. Rosalie was in their class as well.

"Ax." Jasper called out after hesitating for a moment.

"Hm?" The boy turned and his chocolate eyes looked up innocently similar to the dog beside him.

"Why didn't you eat lunch?"

He laughed sheepishly, "I'm not hungry. I don't eat much. I can eat breakfast and be full for the rest of the day."

"That's not healthy." Jasper finished lining up for volleyball.

Ax got on the opposite team and stared at the ball in Rosalie's hands.

She hit it across and he fumbled a bit with his one arm as the girl next to him spiked it back.

"Sorry. My dog and cast makes things rough." He bends down and unclips Nib's leash before immediately taking a ball to the head.

"Are you alright?" The girl asked him.

"Yea, I'm actually not surprised." He said getting up.
----

The game ended 5:1. Rose and Jasper's team won and celebrated before packing their bags. As the losers, Ax's team had to run 5 laps around the gym before packing up.

Nibs ran at his feet following her owner. He panted by the end having started walking after half of the first lap.

"Pack up. Alice wants us to meet at the car in 5 minutes." Rose explained.

"Ok. I'm glad I got a baggie of food for Nibs." The blonde smiled down at the dog as she paws her shoes.
-----

"Axel, over here!" The boy felt a spark of irritation.

"It's Ax! Only Ax." He replied to Emmett.

"Sorry, Dude." He backed off allowing him into the Jeep. Ax noticed Jasper leaning far away from where he would sit.

"Where's Edward?"

"Has his own car. Besides he's with his girlfriend, Bella Swan."

"Bella Swan... Like Police Chief Swan?" Ax questioned holding his pup in his lap.

"His daughter from Arizona." Alice explained.

"I can understand. I'm from Amarillo, Texas. It's a real change in climate." Jasper tensed accidentally grazing the human's hand.

"Jasper's from Texas as well. I believe you will get along well." Emmett informed him.

"I don't know..." Ax said softly kissing his pup's head.

Jasper glanced at him before turning back towards the window.