7. 🌑

Dedicated to DemonCat12

"Bella, you up?" Axel moaned wiping the crumbs from his eyes. She looked at him from the front passenger seat.

"Yea." She sighed shaking her head back and forth, "I got a migraine."

"We're nonstop driving. We went to Texas and that was the last time we had a full night's rest."

"Both of you rest. I'm driving." Jasper said stopping at a stop sign.

"I did but I'm still tired." Axel groaned.

"Relax then. Rest your eyes, Darlin'."

"Awwwwe. Darling."

"I hate you both so much." He mutters closing his eyes. They laugh and turn up the radio and Gold Digger by Kanye West. It was clean but they sung along anyway.

"We ain't saying she a gold digger! But she ain't messing with no broke people" Bella censored making Axel and Jasper laugh.

"Get down girl go head get down." The teenagers sung together
-----

When the reached Forks, the teens were singing Hollaback Girl by Gwen Stefani.

"Ooh! That's my shit. All the girls stomp your feet like this." All three sung

"A few times I've been around that track. So it's not just gonna happen like that because I ain't no Hollaback Girl." Bella sung

"I ain't no Hollaback Girl" Axel and Jasper chorused.

"A few times I've been around that track. So it's not just gonna happen like that because I ain't no Hollaback Girl"

"I ain't no Hollaback Girl"

"Ooh, this my shit, this my shit." They all sung dancing.

"Never make me sing that girly ever again." Axel jokes making Bella snort as they saw the familiar trees.

"Stop here. My truck is here." Bella said unbuckling her seatbelt. Jasper unlocked the door and she got out.

"Meet us in front of Charlie's house " Axel yelled out the window. Bella's truck rumbled to life and she held up a thumbs up.
------

When they got to Charlie's house, his car was there and he was talking to Billy Black.

"Jasper. You're alright." Axel assured as he tensed.

They both got out and Jasper put his hands in his pockets.

"Axel! Is that Carlisle's boy?" Charlie asked walking over to him.

"The name's Jasper. Jasper Hale." He shook Charlie's hand.

"I'll get back to you. Axel! Where have you been? We had search parties but we weren't allowed to persue because of your age."

"I was living on La Push reservation." He said softly. The police chief looked back af his friend who nodded in confirmation.

"He lived with my daughter and her boyfriend."

"You lied to me. You say you had no idea where he was." Charlie said firmly.

"He begged me, Charlie." Billy said rolling towards his car, "Come on Jacob!"

A muscular, tanned boy with short hair walked out.

"Jacob?" Axel walked over and poked his chest, "Is it really you?"

"Yea-" he was interrupted when Bella's red truck parked in the grass.

"Jacob!" She yelled running and hugged him.

"Hey, Bells." He said softly, "I had the change already. A red head has been lurking around."

"Victoria?" She whispered and he nodded.

"What's with all the secrets?" Charlie asked.

"Charlie." Bella hugged him, "It's nothing. Jake is just filling me in on what happened in the Rez."

"Yea. Ok." Charlie pat her head, "You came back just in time for the end of Winter Break. I told everyone that you went to see Renee a few weeks early."

"Thank you, Dad. I love you." She muttered and he hugs her with wide eyes.

"Love you, too..."
--------

Bella got adjusted back into her home and Jasper took Axel to the Cullen household.

The vampire frowned when he smelled how empty and stale it was. Nobody had been there for months.

"This is what became of the Olympic Coven." He scoffed and sped up to his room.

"We can live here together like we said in the letter." Axel attempted to make a positive as he walked upstairs.

"Doesn't changes the fact that they left and abandoned all three of us." Jasper responded bitterly sitting on his floor.

Axel crawled over to him and placed his head on Jasper's back.

They stayed like that for a moment enjoying each other's presence.

"Axel." Jasper pinned him against the floor at supernatural speed.

"Jazzy?"

"Jazzy is a nickname reserved for Alice." Jasper stated chuckling.

"Tell me your story." Axel requested crawling onto his lap.

"I was the youngest Maj of the Confederate." He whisper running his hand through his hair. Axel took a breath pulling him closer.

"Tell me more."

"I was changed to be apart of frequent coven wars in the south. Maria changed me to turn the tides after she lost her territory." He trembled in Jasper's arm as his eyes bore into him, "She had me train newborns and when she didn't have anymore use for them, I would kill them. I could feel everything that they felt."

"Oh, Jasper..." Axel whispered caressing his cheek. Jasper pulled up his sleeves and he saw all the bites on his arms.

Axel pulled off his jacket showing Jasper his cutting scars, "We aren't so different. Different struggles but scars that make us strong."

"Wise words." Jasper sighed before inhaling the human's unique scent.

"Jasper, I want to stay with you." He whispered pulling at the vampire's shirt.

"I will never leave. Nobody can make me leave." He muttered hotly into his ear.

"This is my first gay relationship..." Axel blushed squirming.

"Mine as well. It was looked down on in my time."

"How did you feel about the slaves?"

Jasper and him shared a look.

"I was young and went with what was widely accepted. I didn't own any of my own but I knew friends who did." Jasper explained, "I understand now that this mindless mentality will be your downfall. Thousands lost for such a group mentality."

"You ok?" Axel asked grazing his face with his fingers.

"I'm fine."

"Lies. Nobody that says I'm fine is truly fine." Axel retorted quoting his therapist from 3 years ago.

"Quiet. You speak too much." Jasper responded laying his head on his chest.

"I got abs, now. You like?"

"I liked you when you had a muffin top and I'll like you the exact same now." Jasper said in a muffled voice.

Axel blushed, "Thanks. For loving me."

"No need to thank me."