9.

Axel hid under his black hoodie as Paul walked alongside him. They were going to the Black residence to talk to Bella. Apparently, a guy named Billy knows her.

"Be careful and don't let anything slip out." Paul cautioned.

"I will. I just need to send a message to a friend." Axel said softly.

His brother figure pat his head ruffling his neatly brushed hair.

"Paul?" A man in a wheelchair rolled down a ramp.

"Billy, do you know anything about Swan's daughter?"

He instantly stiffened, "Why do you ask about her?"

Paul and Axel shared a look before the pale boy walked up to him.

"I need to send an urgent message to her and I don't have my phone to call her. I don't know where she lives either. Please, Sir." He said respectfully but the term 'sir' left a bitter taste in his mouth.

Billy looked at him before sniffing softly, "You should stay away from the Cullens. I'll drive you to Charlie's house."

Axel grimaced but nodded before realizing, "Can you tell Bella to come here?"

"Jacob may be able to..." Billy rolled up the ramp and another tanned boy came out of the house. His hair was so long that it rivaled the girls in his school.

"Call Bella for me and tell her that somebody wishes to talk." He said.

Jacob's eyes glanced to Paul for a moment then down to Axel before he nodded.

They spent the next hour waiting in the living room. Axel could feel his heart leap into his throat at the thought of seeing Alice and Jasper again. Then his thoughts drifted to his growing love for Alice. Not to mention the chemistry between Alice and Jasper.

Maybe his affections were just attempting to latch onto whoever came close.

The door creaked open and Jacob walked in with Bella. The girl's eyes widened when she saw him.

"Axel! Everyone is so worried about you. Dad put out a neighborhood search when your mom called the police and Jasper was so upset when he couldn't find you. Alice hasn't been happy since you left and everyone is stressed." Bella explained hugging him.

"Bella. I can't go back..." He whisper and the girl glared.

"Why not!? You're making everyone worry about you. Jasper, Alice, Emmett, Rosalie, even Edward! Carlisle hides behind his optimistic personality and Esme is holding everyone together."

"Bella, if I go back, they're gonna re-home me in another city or even another state. I'm in foster care..." He explained and she teared up.

"You're not leaving! I'll tell Carlisle and maybe you can go somewhere with them. Maybe they can hide you."

"Bella! I've found a home..."

"The Cullens can't come here. They have a treaty with the natives." Bella explained making his eyes widen and look at Paul.

"Paul... Why didn't you tell me?" Axel asked.

"I was worried about you. With the Cullen, I mean. They're not good company."

"That's not for you to decide! I care for Jasper and Alice! They were my friends long before I met you. I knew Esme months before I met them. They're a part of my life!" Axel yelled at him. Paul growled at his tone begin to shake.

"I'm just trying to protect you..." He grunted out.

"Calm down..." Axel backed away making Bella raise an eyebrow curiously.