Chapter 2

[Roseeyes' POV]

Burninghope moved to the other side of the den while Angelwing went to get the other queens. Icehowl curled up next to me letting me rest my head on his shoulder. The two of us looked down to my kits. I secretly hoped that one say I would be able to have kits with my mate, but that would be a long time into the future. I did not want to repeat that pain anytime soon. It felt like I was going to die. I did not enjoy it in the slightest, but I was happy that all three of my kits came out okay. 

The first kit to be born was a brown and ginger female. She was the only female of the group, but she was the largest of the group as well. Compared to her two brothers, she seemed to be almost double their size, but I knew she was not really that large. That would have caused her brothers to both be runts. 

The second kit that I gave birth to was a nice brown tom. He reminded me of Sagecall, but I did not have to worry about that tom anymore. He had a special place in the Dark Forest for him for what he did. I knew that this kit would never behave anything like him. I would never allow it. 

The last kit that I gave birth to was a nice white tom with a few black spots around his nose and on the back of his ears. He looked really cute, but I already had an idea for his name. He would be named after my savior. 

"What do you want to call them?" My mate purred to me as he licked the top of my head. I knew he was trying to calm me down, but at the same time make sure I was relaxed. I was awfully tired after that kitting, but I could stay up for a little longer. 

"I think the white kit should be named Icykit, after you." I purred to him before thinking of the other two kits. I looked at the female and smiled. "How about Sweetkit for the female, then Rootkit for the tom?" I asked him as I looked at each of my kits. The names seemed to fit them, and I loved each of the names. 

Icehowl let out a purr. "I love them. I will make sure that Icykit will be the best warrior he could ever be." He purred to me as he leaned down to give the tom a small kit on the back of his head. 

I purred back and closed my eyes as I snuggled up next to my mate. I kept my kits at my belly, but they were all asleep so I did not have to worry too much. I knew that the other queens would watch after them if I fell asleep next to Icehowl. I gave a huge yawn before falling asleep next to him.