Part One: Familiar Places

The night sky in Montana was truly a sight to behold. The stars shone bright in the cloudless night. Although the sky was at peace, the world below was under siege unknown to anyone. Oppression and evils counteracted the stars of the night. 

Upon the whole scene, a figure moves silently forward through the mountains, pressing through the night into both a familiar and unfamiliar place. The Nomad looks down into the familiar area of Hope County, although certain things have changed since his last seeing of the area. With the sighting of a large statue and the word: "YES" being placed into the side of a mountain, his initial suspicions had been confirmed; Eden's Gate had indeed taken over, and much more than he would've possibly thought. 

He remembered back to the time he had seen their leader, Joseph Seed; although nothing bad had been suspected from the common folk, the Nomad knew better. He knew of Eden's Gate's plans for the area, he knew that they would cause trouble for everyone. While the Nomad had been away, he did his research on Eden's Gate, even from their humble beginnings in Georgia, they were causing trouble, people were already going missing with Eden's Gate as the suspect of the cause. 

The youngest brother, John Seed was the main reason the project still exists in the first place, with his supreme skill in law and extraordinary wealth, was able to both defend and fund the project. 

Since then, the project has grown more than anyone could've imagined, the people that were in need of help were accepted, because the project knew that if they listened, then the minorities would join.

The Nomad stepped forward, knowing he wouldn't be leaving for a while and that his fate was sealed. He descended from the mountain carefully, knowing he couldn't make a noise or he would be noticed and surely hunted. As he descended, the night sky stars disappear, as the fog begins to lift with the sun.

The Nomad, now basking in the morning light needs to be more aware and careful of his surroundings. He looked around at the structures the Project had constructed, large bridges, temples, shrines, and smaller statues had even been constructed. 

He headed towards the island in the middle of the county, he needed to see if there was still a glimmer of hope. As he approached the island, he noticed it was barren and seemed slightly flooded. Every tree had been cut, the land was charred and seemed as if it had been bombed. The island must have been abandoned by Eden's Gate.

The Nomad swam onto the island to meet a soft ground of quicksand covered by ash. To avoid sinking into the ground, he swiftly tiptoed over to higher ground. Upon approach, there was a bunker door in the ground that was charred and damaged, but somehow functioning. 

Before taking another step, a long silver shape emerged from behind the hill, it had to have been a gun. In an attempt to show peace, he slowly removed his sidearm, and set it on the ground. The gun behind the hill quickly moved farther out, revealing a civilian with sharp eyes. The expression quickly changed from a harsh squint to a face full of surprise as the gun lowered.

"What the hell are you doing out here?" The civilian whispered in a stern tone.

"You know what, it doesn't matter, get in before someone sees us" She said as she looked around for others and grabbed the Nomad's arm, pulling him close to the bunker door.

"Dutch, this is Grace, we have an outsider, a... friendly outsider..." She murmured into the radio.

The sound of garble was the response to this as the door made a clicking sound. Grace opened the door, leading the Nomad inside of the bunker.

The Nomad, still silent moved through the corridor and emerged into a hallway that expanded into several rooms before leading to an elevator. Grace led the Nomad into a door where a familiar face sat before him. 

"Wait a minute, I've seen you before..." said the older man as his jaw dropped in surprise.

"I thought there was something familiar about him" Said Grace, still as stoic as can be.

Dutch stood from his desk and walked closer to the Nomad, scanning him all the time. Then finally, he had come to a conclusion.

"Although I'm not sure if I've ever heard your name, I know that we've been friends at some point. Why are you even back here? Why would you come back to this place after you knew that something was wrong with this goddamn cult?" Dutch says after his inspection

Dutch then notices the Nomad's heavy backpack full of all kinds of supplies. Maps, ammo, guns, food, everything seemed like it was prepared for a long journey. The Nomad takes off his backpack and hands it to Dutch.

"You came back for us? We appreciate it, but you should've saved yourself and stayed where you were, now that you're here, you can't leave." Said Dutch in a frustrated tone.

"Well... there's not much you can do about it now, we need help. If you plan on saying in this bunker, you're gonna have to help out, this community is too big to have people who just don't work." Dutch said.

The Nomad nods to show his understanding. He was ready to do what he came here for. Eden's Gate now has a new threat, and the Nomad will be the spark to light the fire for the resistance.