Part Six: The Anticipated Return

Charlotte's vision was hazy, blurry, and dim. She was happy to be alive, but she was in so much pain from colliding with the water, it was hard to breathe and she couldn't open her eyes at all, so she fell back into sleep. She awoke again and found herself on the Instigator's shoulders, when she managed to open her eyes, she noticed that she was being carried along a road.

The Instigator had waited a few moments before he came back to the surface of the water, but at that point, they were in the clear; or at least, he was. The first thing he did when he came back for air was to save his comrade. He pulled her to the shore of the water somewhere near the Jessop Conservatory. He made sure to patch all of his friend's wounds, and he was now carrying her back to the Hope County Jail.

Charlotte finally regained control of her body and squirmed around. The Instigator noticed that she had regained consciousness, so he gently laid her down. Next, he pulled a map of Hope County and pointed at where they were, and then dragged his finger to the Jail.

"Jesus, you are definitely crazy for jumping like that, i'll give you that." Charlotte said.

The Instigator snorted and took Charlotte's bag from his shoulder and handed it to her.

"Thank you, my name is Charlotte Easton, I am from Crag County, to the east of here. I was sent to recover you before we lost you forever." Charlotte said.

The Instigator just nodded and packed up the map and helped Charlotte up.

"Sure are talkative, aren't you?" Charlotte joked.

The Instigator drew a line across his throat, indicating that he is mute.

"Ah, I see... anyways, we should get back to the Jail as soon as we can, it's getting dark and the cultists only get worse by the night." Charlotte says.

The two walk down the edge of the road and arrive at the prison within minutes.

"Charlotte! You did it! You actually got him back from that hell hole!" Exclaimed the Sheriff, who was guarding the Jail from the top of the wall.

Charlotte immediately walks into the medical room to get her wounds treated.

"So, exactly how did you two make it out of there alive?" Questioned Virgil Minkler, the Mayor of Hope County.

"Well, it was narrow, the recovery wasn't hard, but the road got nasty really fast. There were at least 15 trucks behind us before we drove off the road. The Instigator literally jumped off of the truck as it was falling to make it to the river, then he even saved me!" Said Charlotte.

"Yeah, he's crazy, but he somehow makes a plan like that work, and it's proven true." Said Virgil.

The Instigator walks into the room and approaches Virgil with a map. He pointed at the Rye and Daughter's aviation, indicating that was his next goal.

"That's a good idea, but it's risky. I'll radio in with the folks at Fall's End and tell them you're on your way." Said Virgil.

"Wait! If he's going, I want to go as well. We saved each other's life, I think that's gotta mean something, right?" Exclaimed Charlotte.

"You're in a medical bed for a reason, you can't push yourself this hard!" Virgil said in a worried tone.

Someone entered the room and objected.

"It's better that they're out of here and over in Fall's End. There's no room for people we don't trust. The people at Fall's End may trust random people that arrive at their doorstep, but we don't. I say let 'em go." Said Tracy in a surprisingly calm tone considering her words.

The Instigator helps Charlotte out of the medical bed and with all but a small nod, the two head outside. The Instigator held Charlotte's arm around his shoulder's to keep her on her feet. The Jail had a car parked out front, so the two headed to the car and sat down.

The surrounding environment was so strange and so alien to Charlotte. She lived less than a thousand meters from the Henbane river, the two landscapes were entirely different. It was even stranger watching as the dry grasslands around them slowly became greener. The Sinister Statue of Joseph Seed came into view, overlooking them as if it were Joseph himself on that hill preaching to his followers.

Eventually, after crossing a river, the environment changed from the beige cliffs of the Henbane to the rolling green hills and farmland of the Holland Valley. There was a massive sign on the side of a mountain to the right that read "Yes". There was a statue of another person, presumably John Seed to the left of the sign. Soon enough, the town of Fall's End came into view. It was certainly different, but still maintained the feeling of being a safe place for anyone to go.

The Instigator pulled into the driveway of the Spread Eagle and moved around the other side to help Charlotte out of the car and into the door of the Spread Eagle.

"Although I'm not surprised to see you back, I am extremely happy to see you back in town." Mary May said facing the Instigator.

"So the Instigator and I were planning on helping out a little further and trying to regain control of the Rye and Daughter's Aviation." Said  Charlotte.

"Good call, that place is training the majority of the pilots in Eden's Gate, they're bound to hit us any day now. We've gotta get that place under control." Mary May said.

"Alright, we should get to it as soon as possible then. We'll make sure those assholes pay for their terrors." Charlotte said as the Instigator turned towards the door, following suit.

The two got in the truck and drove east. The landscape was littered in farms and cabins. The two already noticed that the place was significantly bigger, there were new entries, new hangars, and a ton of new decorations.

As they pulled up, they both braced themselves for an incredible battle against the cult. This will definitely be the biggest and most important fight yet. The two stepped out of the doors, drawing weapons and walking into the depths of the compound.