Chapter 2, Part one: The Waters

"Brothers and sisters, there is a heretic who has made themselves known in my valley, this coward had the audacity to steal from us our religious ground. However, god recognizes this sinner and demands from the heavens that they be cleansed of their sins. If this instigator is hearing this, know that I am extending a hand to help you free your sins, my people are coming to find you and deliver you unto the cleansing waters."

The voice from the radio disappeared and the music continued. Everybody looked at the radio as if John Seed himself was actually in the room. Even after the radio continued to play music, there was absolute silence among the crowd, all intimidated by John's voice threatening the capture of the Nomad.

"Well shit. That's the first time we've heard about anyone getting captured for years, so you really pissed John off this time." Said Mary May in a concerned tone.

"Huh, the Instigator though, not a bad name. We have nothing else to call you, so I'm just gonna call you the Instigator." Said Mary May in a slightly more lighthearted tone.

The Nomad acknowledges this and nods, now he is referred to as the Instigator. 

"Look though, John really is after you, he's leaving his city just to catch you, so if he wants you, he's going to get you, regardless of the situation." Mary May said harshly.

"So I've got to politely ask you to leave, we just got our freedom back for the first time in years, and having it immediately attacked again, and with you being hunted by the best that Eden's Gate has, so to reduce further conflict, you need to leave. Now." Said Mary May in a stern tone.

So the Instigator nodded and walked out of the spread eagle, and quickly hopped into a truck and drove the pedal to the floor and took the road to the east as fast as possible. However, only seconds later, the sound of a helicopter fades in from behind the truck as the Instigator's radio activates.

"Instigator... there's no need to run. No matter where you are, the word of god shall direct me to you. Whether you like it or not, you will be cleansed by nightfall." John's voice resonated through the radio.

The Instigator only pushed the truck harder. The Instigator turned around to see a helicopter almost completely over the truck. In his moment of distraction, he hadn't noticed that a roadblock was covering the road. When the truck impacted, it was twisted beyond repair and the Instigator was unconscious.

For the Instigator, there was only darkness. This was quickly and harshly interrupted by water covering his entire body. The Instigator was immediately conscious to discover a face hovering above him, distorted by the ripples in the water. His first instinct was to fight back and with that thought came action. The Instigator wrapped his fingers around the face above him, pulling the cultist down and throwing them down as he got up.

When the water cleared from his eyes, the Instigator found himself surrounded by guns, all pointed at him. He raised his hands as a cultist tied them, but that did not make him surrender his glare. A figure approached him with a book.

"Your sins have no issue revealing themselves, do they? You're lucky to have your life. This action will only increase my aggression towards you." The figure was John Seed.

John handed his book over to a cultist.

"Let's begin, shall we?" John Said menacingly.

John grabbed the Instigator's neck with both hands and forced him under the water. The Instigator struggled against John's powerful grip, but was not successful.

John pulled the Instigator back up to the water's surface giving him time to breathe.

"I have come all this way, all the way from my city to make sure you are tended to. You are very fortunate that you have this opportunity. You can redeem yourself for your sins, and resisting will just make this more difficult for all of us." John said with the utmost sinister voice.

The Instigator spit in John's face, so in response the cold, hard, metal of a pistol collided with the Instigator's head. The Instigator was about to kick at the person who had just hit him, but John thought faster and lowered the Instigator violently to his knees.

"If you think that resisting is going to make this better for you, then I will inform you that every action you take will be reflected upon you a thousand times over." John said almost mockingly.

The Instigator was forced to his feet with multiple guns at his head. Then the Instigator was pushed forward and shoved into the back of a van. A cultist got into the driver's seat of the van and began talking.

"I'm going to be taking you to John's bunker for your confession. Do not resist the atonement." Said the driver.

A guard came into the back of the van. With that, the van started moving. Based on the slim amount that he saw through the windows, the Instigator assumed that the van was moving with an entire convoy of cultists.

The guard looked at the Instigator, hardly even blinking. The guard was absolutely determined to keep the van under control, but the Instigator had other plans. He looked the guard in the eye and glared.

The Instigator had been working on getting rid of the bonds on his hands to the point that he could easily rip through them, so in one quick motion, the Instigator effortlessly snapped the bonds and grabbed the guard by the neck. After getting a firm grip with one hand, the Instigator reaches for the guard's pistol. The Instigator pulls the trigger on the pistol, killing the guard instantly. So the Instigator takes the guard's rifle and shoots the driver of the van.

What the Instigator didn't know, the van was on the side of a sheer cliff side. So when the driver was killed, the vehicle swerved into the vehicles to the side of the van, sending all of them off of the cliff.

The Instigator was tumbling down the cliff at uncontrollable speed, occasionally being bashed by a tree or another vehicle. This continued until the van came to a rest in the bottom of a lake. By this point, the Instigator was unconscious. It came to him quickly that he was once again, waking up in water, which caused him to shake himself awake easily. In the van was the Instigator's supplies and guns, which he took immediately.

The doors to the back of the van opened and there emerged the Instigator. However, with that were people screaming at the top of the hill. The Instigator knew that there would be cultists coming down the hill any second now, so he just started running in the direction of lights.

Fall's End was a beacon against the night sky. In Fall's End were many resistance members that had traveled from Dutch's island to reinforce Fall's End. A civilian was in a tower, keeping lookout for any possible cultists.

The civilian eventually saw some movement coming from the plains in front of him. He aimed down the sights of his rifle. Moments later, he looks up from the sights, shocked at what he saw. It was him, it was the Instigator. He was barely alive, limping and covered in blood. The guard slid down the ladder and ran over to the Instigator, putting his arm around him.

*Hey guys, it's been a while since I've posted, yes, I know. It is because I need to take occasional breaks to gather ideas for the plot. I appreciate everyone's patience, and now that my inactivity is over, I have more ideas to return with! Thank you all for reading!*