Part Seven: Sky High

The Instigator's hand rested on a trigger and his piercing gaze through a scope. He had the scope lined up perfectly for a cultist's head. He lowered the rifle and looked back at Charlotte, who was looking up at him in anticipation.

"Well? Is it safe?" She said in a near silent whisper.

The Instigator nodded and waved her forward. They walked into a building just outside of the main airport and discussed a plan.

"So, my idea is that you should get up on a radio tower and find everyone you can, you can memorize their positions better, I'll go around and see if I can find that Nick Rye guy. If I find the guy, I'll radio you and you come right over to me." Said Charlotte.

The Instigator nodded and as usual, proceeded to the task, already heading out of the door and throwing his grappling hook to a platform on a radio tower. Charlotte exited the small building and walked ducked away into the nearby woods to find an entry point.

As the Instigator pulled himself to the top of the tower and took a moment of his time to look around and admire the scenery. The mountains to the Northwest were gleaming in the sunlight from all of the snow. There was nothing like seeing the Afternoon sun glimmer on the tips of mountains, there was truly nothing like it. But he drew his attention back to the task at hand and pulled his binoculars to his eyes. He looked down on the airport and immediately saw tens of people around the place, there weren't only peggies there, but civilians being forced to work on the planes for them. The Instigator marked all of their locations in his head and awaited instructions from Charlotte.

Charlotte looked around for an entry point, wanting to get out of the woods. She finally found a way into the compound, there was a door that lead into a hangar, she smiled to herself and moved forwards. Before she reached the door, someone walked through and startled Charlotte and just out of instinct, she pulled a knife from her pocket and threw it precisely on target. Before even really realizing what she did, she ran to the corpse and pulled the knife. She was slightly shocked at herself for what she just did, but she had to keep moving, so she kicked the body behind some boxes and moved on.

Upon entering the door, she saw a man working on an engine to a plane. The man didn't even glance over because he was so fearful of what would happen. Charlotte walked quietly over and whispered into the man's ear.

"Hey, i'm not with them, I'm gettin' you out of here, you run and get to Fall's End as soon as possible, they'll keep you safe there." She said as she moved him to the door.

The man nodded silently and turned around and ran. Charlotte turned back around and walked to a door on the other side of the Hangar and opened it. She was greeted to the sound of engines starting up and saw from her small view that a plane was starting to take off. She panicked and ducked back inside the hangar and pulled her radio.

The Instigator was still as can be, inspecting all movement patterns of the cultists below when he heard his radio crackle and begin spewing noise.

"Hey! You have to get down from that tower now, there is a plane about to take off and if it sees you it'll kill you without issue." Said Charlotte.

The Instigator cursed in his head and jumped from the tower, throwing his grappling hook up to the platform and repelled. After landing, he pulled the hook off of the platform and ducked into the building.

Charlotte assumed that the Instigator was safe and sighed in relief, she peeked back outside and looked at where the plane was going. It was going East, she thought it would be going south to the city until she realized what the plane was after. She pulled her radio and called the Instigator again.