Part 2: New Sheriff in Town

Although the Nomad is the latest addition to Dutch's underground community, doesn't mean that he's going to be let off easy. The Nomad is unknown to most of the citizens of Hope County, otherwise he is well respected.

The Nomad wakes from his long slumber and carefully begins thinking about his plans for how he's going to cut Eden's Gate out. He remembers hearing about another bunker up north in the mountains. So the Nomad decides that helping them, is the first step to get some breathing room.

The Nomad makes his way over to Dutch's office to find him trying to communicate with the outside world.

Dutch turns around and notices the Nomad.

"There you are, what do you need? I'm a little busy at the moment, so make it quick." Dutch says irritably.

The Nomad walks over to a map of Hope County and points north to the Whitetail Mountains. He then points over to an 'X' on the map.

"The Whitetails? I've been trying to contact them for years. After Eden's Gate spread out, there's been less and less communication with anyone, but I know the Whitetails are still alive in their bunker." Dutch says.

The Nomad takes a pencil and draws a line from the island to the bunker in the Whitetails to indicate that he is going to find them.

"You'd be an idiot to go out there, especially to the Whitetails. Do you have any idea how much stronger Eden's Gate is now that they've expanded? Patrols are always on the lookout for anyone not part of their goddamn cult."

The Nomad pulls his AR-C off of his back to display his willingness to take the risk.

"Look i'm not stopping you, if you have some kinda death wish, go for it, but I'm not helping you if you come back bleeding out on this bunker door." Dutch says with a cold stare.

The Nomad turns to open the bunker door, but Dutch interrupts him first before he can.

"If you really want to help us, you're gonna need to get our communication back. All the signals in the County are controlled by the Pin-Ko radio station. If you get that for us, we can get back on our feet." Dutch says while maintaining the same cold stare.

The Nomad nods and the bunker door is unlocked, without a second of hesitation, the Nomad walks outside into the afternoon sun. He scans the area for any cultists and quickly swims across the lake and onto a shore covered in Ferns and pine trees.

As he silently continued through the woods he can tell that there are more buildings than he remembered, each building had at least 3 cultists around the area. The Nomad had to travel through the woods or he would easily be spotted.

After half an hour of precise navigation in the forest, the Nomad looks up to see the mountain next to the Whitetails HQ. He knew he had to be even more careful the closer he got to the mountain

 After so long, the Whitetail HQ was found by Eden's Gate, but the rapid expansion of the cult drew attention away from the Whitetails so that Eden's Gate could get a solid hold on the new land. 

The Nomad finally was at the foot of the mountain. and a massive 'X' painted in blood and surrounded by bodies, marked the entry. The Nomad walked to the door and pulled out a Radio that Dutch had given to him and attempted to communicate with the Whitetails inside. There were some murmurs on the other end. A face appeared through the window on the door and disappeared after a few seconds of examination.

A few clicks sounded and the door opened with a man on the other end. He had a bow in hand and a large beard, as well as a camouflage uniform. As soon as the door was open, the man took no time to take the Nomad into the bunker. The door was shut and locked only seconds after the Nomad had entered.

"I don't know how you're alive, honestly." Said the man.

"You had to have been watched the whole way here right? Jacob's hunters don't play around. When they see something weird, they track it for miles." Said the man.

A woman walked into the room where the two were standing immediately looking terrified and infuriated.

"Eli! What is this?" Screamed the woman.

"Tammy. We've been over this. For years, we've said that if someone out there has the guts to make it all the way here, they deserve to be treated the same as we treat everyone else." Said Eli.

"You know what happened to that Deputy! Who says that this person won't join Eden's Gate? Who says that Jacob will turn a blind eye to this person?" Tammy yelled.

"Tammy! You may have seen what Jacob has done to people, but we need all the help we can get. The Deputy gave in because they knew what would happen if they didn't." Said Eli in a surprisingly calm voice.

Tammy stormed off seething in anger.

"Don't mind her, she's seen a lot, been through some tough times. But it really just shows that she cares." Said Eli said in the same calm voice.

The Nomad nodded and proceeded to show Eli his plan to take over the Pin-Ko radio station.

"Are you crazy? Taking the Pin-Ko is a suicide mission. After the cult spread out, the county still needed attention, so they made the Pin-Ko the only way anyone could monitor this county." Eli said.

The Nomad nods and shows his display of weaponry. He had rocket launchers, Rifles, grenades, he had everything he would need to take it down.

"I'm not going to hold you back if you think you have what it takes to get this county back, I know that the Deputy and his friends were here to try, but it fell apart." Eli said

The Nomad nodded and opened the bunker door to set out to take the first step in taking the county back.