Part Five: Capture

The Nomad opened his eyes to him being carried down a hallway. He had no idea what was in the arrow that he was shot with, but it was effective. When he opened his eyes again, he was tied into a chair.

A burly man with red hair walked into the room. He walked over to the Nomad, keeping eye contact the whole time. When the man got to the Nomad's chair, he leaned in so close to where every pore was visible.

"Do you think you're a hero? You think that because you've come into our land and helped some friends, makes you a hero?" The man said in a scratchy, yet somehow soothing voice.

"Well i've got to tell you. Since that little trick you pulled on the radio station, i've been keeping on eye on you. So when you started on the Lumber Mill, I was going to see this 'heroic' action of yours." He said, still keeping eye contact.

He made a barking sound that he assumed to be a laugh

"It was the worst mistake you could have made, that's obvious. Had you stayed back where you were, you wouldn't be here. Now you have been recognized, we know who you are. If it were up to me, I'd had have you killed right now, but Joseph feels that it is necessary to give you a second chance." The man leaned in impossibly closer.

"Otherwise, you'd be culling the herd." He said with a voice so soft, but so intense.

The man signaled to a guard who was wearing a green uniform. The man in the green uniform took a needle and injected it into the Nomad's arm. It must have been the same drug that was in the arrow, because in a matter of seconds, he was unconscious.

He woke up to the sensation of cold stone. He was indeed on the top of a mountain. He slowly got up and shook the tiredness from his body, the drug was finally starting to wear off so he could actually move again.

When the Nomad got up, he looked around to find his way, but none of the land was familiar, which was especially strange because there were Eden's Gate decorations everywhere. Even though this area was certainly controlled  by Eden's Gate, it wasn't the Hope County that the Nomad was used to.

So to find where he was, he just walked towards the nearest building. One of the strangest things about the whole encounter with that man, he still had all of his gear, no weapons had been taken from him. He thought about what the man said to him, about the world being weak, that he wasn't a hero. Then it dawned on him that that man was Jacob Seed. The Nomad didn't really understand the scale of the attack that he lead on Jacob's radio station. That was something nobody expected and nobody had thought was possible at the moment.

The Nomad, lost in thought, approached a cabin to find it was a mess. There was more than just papers though, bodies of civilians and cultists alike. Blood was soaking into the ground below them, but the most disturbing part was that they had been there for weeks. Flies had already begun opening holes in the bodies.

In the mess, there was a map, and it was no map of Hope County that the Nomad had seen before. It wasn't a valley, the whole map displayed mountainous terrain. Upon further inspection of the map, he realized that the he was in the area north of Hope County.

The map looked to be an official map, like a national park map, but there were strange markings all over it. At the bottom of the map there was an arrow pointing down labeled: "Back to Hope County." So the cult must have expanded far from Hope County, farther than he'd thought.

The Nomad suspected that he was in the larger expanse of the Whitetail Mountains National Park. So he looked at the map and determined where he was, and how to get back to Hope County. With his realization on just how far the cult really went out, how bad the problem had gotten already.

The Nomad's seemingly endless trek through the mountains was a great time to mark the places to hit next, there were small mountain towns that were made of just log cabins, of course they were all infested with cultists. There was almost no property that hadn't been seized by the cult. While looking at all of these horrifying sights, the Nomad felt as though he was in a barren wasteland, far from any of his reliable friends in an unfamiliar area.

As the Nomad got closer to the edge of Hope County, he began to see familiar looking mountains. During his time in the far Whitetails, the Nomad really learned about the cult. Although he was forgiven, he is recognized. However, he can't give up, otherwise he'd be no different than the Deputy.

The Nomad now walked to the Edge of the Mountain, looked back. Then he leapt. Before he hit the ground, he quickly spread his arms to unfold a wing suit. So he turned towards Dutch's island to meet his allies once again.

*Hey guys i'm so sorry that I've been delaying this for so long, school just started for me and this was tough to write because I don't want to let you down! Feedback is highly appreciated, so if you want something to be fixed, let me know in the comments! But now that I'm getting into schedule, I'll hopefully be able to write more and keep you guys updated! Thanks for reading!*