Part Three: The Bliss is Gonna Make You See

The Instigator pulled the hatch open and set it to the side, a cool and dark air duct awaited him. 

The Hope County Jail was completely under control of Eden's Gate, but the Instigator is known for breaking these places down. The vent still remained unexplored, so he crawled in and shut the hatch behind him.

Although it was incredibly dark, a dim light was shimmering along the edges of the metal, giving a general idea of where the exit could be. The glimmer continued to get brighter as he advanced through the tunnel. Eventually there was a drop onto a platform, the Instigator bent down and peeked under the exit hole. There were no cultists on the top floor, but the lower floors were packed to the brim with cult members, but along with them, there were prisoners asleep in their cells. They probably hadn't seen the sun in quite some time.

The Instigator jumps lands quietly on the platform. He walks to a staircase and descends a level. Nobody was on this level, but below him there were snipers watching the bottom floor. The Instigator moves swiftly to the next floor, aiming at the head of the cultist with a knife, waiting for the other sniper to turn his head. When the other sniper wasn't moving, the Instigator threw the knife with all his might, and as he let go of the knife, he pulled another and threw it at the second sniper. Both shots preformed well, both snipers were down and all he had now were about 5 cultists to deal with. The Instigator dropped to the bottom floor into a cell.

The Instigator drew his silenced pistol and listened for approaching footsteps. It wasn't long before he got a response, and when the cultist had entered the nearest cell, the Instigator struck and the cultist was down silently. The Instigator scanned the room and noted the locations of the remaining 4 cultists. After marking them, he put in a fresh magazine, but instead with piercing ammo, as to shoot through the walls.

He shot each time and each bullet was a success, all with no sound. He replaced his magazine with regular ammo and made his way to a cell. Inside the cell was man in his late fifties/early sixties. He tapped the man's feet to wake him up, the man woke instantly and backed against the wall. The Instigator shot the lock off of the door.

The Man looked shocked. He stepped forward slowly and cautiously. He reached out to feel if what he was seeing was actually real.

"Holy shit... this is happening, this isn't another fake release. Believe me when I say it, I've seen so many lies, so many deceptions, that I wasn't sure if anything was real anymore."

The Man picked a gun off of a cultist's body and busted a lock on one of the cells.

"I'm Sheriff Whitehorse by the way, I'm ready to get these people back on their feet. Whatever you do here, don't trust the Bliss and certainly don't trust believe Faith. She will break your mind and you'll end up like those angels."

Before the sheriff could say anymore, there was a loud yell.

"SOMETHING IS UP, OUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS ARE DEAD! CHECK ON THE PRISONERS" Said a muffled voice in a terrified tone.

"Shit, look, I'll bust these locks and get everyone a gun, you need to hold these psychopaths off until that happens." Said the Sheriff.

The Instigator turned around to find that someone had already made it to the hallway leading into the jail cells. He shot the cultist in the head and immediately ran to the door and shut it, locking it with a steel bar from a jail cell. Several cultists exploded into the hallway as he slid the bar into place. The Sheriff was still breaking locks with the gun in the background as the Instigator pulled a rifle from his shoulder and began opening fire into the hallway.

This steady stream of bullets was interrupted by a grenade landing at the Instigator's feet. Thinking in the moment, he picked up the grenade and threw it as hard as he could back towards the end of the hall. Somehow, this plan actually worked for him and he managed to get an entire group of cultists down in one go.

"Calling for reinforcements!" A cultist screamed while out of view. Within seconds, a loud alarm sounded, indicating that reinforcements were on their way. However, the Sheriff had freed the last of the prisoners, and they were all ready to charge head-first into battle.

The Instigator nodded his head, turned around and pulled the bar off and smashing the door open. The Instigator walked into the next hallway, only to be greeted by a dozen cultists. As a result, the Instigator was shot multiple times. He jumped back into the hallway and slid a grenade across the floor while doing so, practically vaporizing the enemies. The Instigator had a few bullet wounds, but nothing he couldn't handle. He saw a raw bullet in his arm, so he bit the bullet and pulled it out, wrapping the hole with a bandage.

The Instigator jumped back into battle to see his comrades delivering heavy hits to anyone who dared to enter the door. The Instigator jumped to the door, kicking it open, revealing a massive MG-42 in his arms. Tens of cultists had fallen in quick succession, clearing the way for the rest of the group to exit and see the daylight for the first time in months.

The group had no time to adjust their eyes, the sound of trucks pulling up were already occurring.

"Alright everyone, up on the walls, time to finally show them what we're made of!" The Sheriff rang out.

Everyone obeyed without a word, climbing ladders to the top of the walls of the prison. The Instigator got to the top of the wall and saw at least five trucks pulled up at the entrance. The Instigator shot until almost half of the cultists were dead on the ground. He kept at this, but something was wrong with him. His vision started to warp and he was hearing two of everything. He stopped shooting at the cultists and stepped back, dazed. White sparkles were obscuring his vision until eventually, there were so many that they filled his vision. The sound of gunshots faded away into the sound of crickets chirping and grass moving in the wind.

"Welcome to the Bliss." Said an enchantingly haunting voice. Suddenly, a woman's face broke through the blanket of white sparkles. The woman moved back into the white void and it began to dissolve from his vision, revealing a beautiful, green, and lush environment.

Suddenly, a hand slid into the Instigator's, yet he felt fine with it. He knew that something was wrong, that something was off, but he somehow was in a perfect state of harmony, a state of bliss. The hand revealed itself to belong to the same woman that had appeared through the white mist.

"Beautiful, isn't it?" Said the woman.

"This is how the Father envisions our Garden of Eden. It is everything anyone could possibly want." The woman said, then turning to face him and pulling them both to sit on the ground.

"So I should ask you, why do you punish people for believing in him? You have brought suffering to all of us because we don't think the same way you do. Not long ago, another misguided soul had arrived at Joseph's church to arrest him, but they knew what they were doing was wrong. Joseph showed him the path." Said the woman. 

"I believe that salvation is possible, so I will send you through the same induction ceremony as I did with them, I will show you the path to Eden's Gate. I'll see you soon." The woman closed as white mist descended over his vision.

The Instigator woke in a truck, tied up. He didn't know where he was, and his guns were missing. Although he tried his hardest, he couldn't even try to struggle against the ropes that bound him. He had just met Faith Seed, and she said that she was going to preform an induction ceremony. The Instigator understood what she meant at once, they were going to drive him to a shrine to erase his doubts and brainwash him. Despite all of these thoughts, he still couldn't move against the will of the Bliss.