Part 3: Breathing Room

The Nomad has so far been impressive to those who've seen him. He has already done two major treks through the land of Eden's Gate, even entering the territory is highly impressive. But attempting to go from bunker to bunker is a risk that nobody was willing to take. That is, until the Nomad came to town.

The Nomad was now on his way to destroy a radio station that controlled the signals in all of Hope County. This would be a way to gain communication and revive Hope in the hearts of the innocent civilians of Hope County.

Since the Nomad had just left the Whitetail's bunker, he was already nearby the radio station and he wasn't going to hesitate on his task. The Nomad quickly, carefully, and silently made his way to the top of the mountain without following any main roads.

As he approached the stronghold, the sun was going down and the lights were coming on. The Nomad inspected the stronghold, looking for a way in, deciding an attack plan. There were three alarms total. So the Nomad decided to get to the top of a building and shoot the alarms to get rid of any potential reinforcements.

The Nomad climbed up some ledges leading up to the area being as quiet as humanly possible. Without a sound, he approaches the nearest building and takes a peek inside to find a small group of cultists playing a guitar and singing along with some hymns.

As the Nomad listened to the hymn, he inspected everything in the room. Cult propaganda was covering most of the wall. Posters with the cult's cross with a red background and the words "only you" printed across the front.

Tired of waiting for the cultist's little concert, he decides to throw a rock into a nearby bush to attract attention elsewhere. The cultists almost immediately arm themselves and turn their attention to the location.

"Nobody's stupid enough to actually try and take this place over, right?" Said one cultist.

"Likely not, we've shown the sinners who really owns this county." Said another.

"It doesn't matter, we need to check, even if it's just a wolf wandering around." Said a cultist as he put on a large metal helmet and grabbing an M60 off of the floor beneath him.

The whole group moves out, guns down, but finger on the trigger. The Nomad makes his way through the room and onto a staircase with the same silence as he's had since entering the county. Luckily, the second floor was empty, so he advanced easily to the roof.

On the roof, the Nomad pulls a knife from his pocket. After he spots a cultist on the roof, he notes it and looks for others, however it is only one person, so he slides the knife into his throat, a clean kill with no struggle from the cultist.

Although the Nomad was not highly experienced, he developed his own style of fighting. It just came naturally to him. He dragged the body downstairs to avoid anyone on another building to notice the body.

Then, the Nomad set his pack down and drew a silenced SA .50 and aimed for the first alarm. The gun fired without a noise and without any notice. The Nomad easily took out the alarms and placed the rifle back into the bag.

The Nomad then put the pack back on and repelled off of the building and went around the building to the bushes he used to approach the stronghold, the cultists had gone back inside and were back to the hymns. The Nomad jumped below the ledge and smirked at his success.

The Nomad thinks to himself: "Now here comes the fun part." and laughs under his breath as he pulls another gun from the bag, this time, a RAT-4. He loads the launcher with incendiary cluster ammo. He then aims upwards, above the outpost calculating where the cluster will hit. He then places his finger on the trigger, sighs, and pulls the trigger.

In seconds, the round has come falling down laying tens of fiery balls over everything. All carnage breaks loose. People are screaming in both pain and fear as the fire climbs up the buildings like a blazing vine, creeping up to incinerate anything and everything. Burning cultists come speeding out of the building. The ones untouched by the fire run to the alarms to be greeted with twisted metal and sparks.

The Nomad basks in his accomplishment as the last of the cultists char and dissolve into ash, blowing away in the mountain air. The Pin-Ko radio station was gone, and now it belonged to the rightful owners.

The Nomad inspects the systems to see the damage. Most are intact, certainly enough to turn the tables. Although not a computer genius, it's not hard to figure out the way the cult is blocking signals from the resistance and flips it to where all signals can travel freely.

The Nomad brings out his radio and sends a call to Dutch. There is a quick answer and a surprised voice.

"Hello? This is Dutch." Said Dutch from the other end.

The Nomad, while mute, laughs enthusiastically.

"Holy shit kid! I can't tell if you're brave, or just downright fuckin' stupid, but damn, you have some skill!" Dutch said with a shocked tone.

Then the Nomad receives a call from Eli.

"You are one crazy son of a gun, you know that? I was actually about to send some troops out to help you out, but when I stepped outside, I heard a boom, and next thing I know, transmissions are coming in like crazy." Said Eli, still in his contained tone, but with a little bit of a skip in his voice.

"Kid, come on back to the bunker, we are celebrating for sure, I've already told Eli to send troops to secure the place." Said Dutch in an ecstatic tone.

The Nomad had really given Hope back to the people, he had done what was presumed impossible. The Nomad was everything the people needed to keep going, in his pride, he made his way back to the bunker. However, in his ignorance, he had acquired some followers.