Chapter 2: A New Hero

A/N : Hey guys, I'm just want to say that I;m so sorry for keeping you guys waiting. I;m actually have some things I need to deal with, like my school, my family and more things. Soo.... I want to say again I'm so sorry. Anyway enjoy this chapter.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With Sonic defeated, Eggman army quickly took over. Within months all but a few isolated areas in the world were under their control. Despite the overwhelming odds a rag tag resistance formed banding together to continue the fight. And now, a new face prepares to join the struggle.

~~After 6 Months, At The Secret Base~~

"Eggman's army is unstoppable, without Sonic or (Y/N) the people are losing hope and giving in to despair." Vector said with a worried tone.

"Despair is the luxury we don't have." Silver spoke up.

Amy puts her right hand over her heart. "I still dream that Sonic and (Y/N) is with us, do you think they might be...?". "I'm an optimist, but I'm also a realist. Sonic and (Y/N) is gone Amy, and Tails...has just lost it." He said with sadness in his tone."If we want to win this, we have to do this without them."

"Silver's right, we've been hoping for a miracle these past 6 months, but I'm afraid we have to make our own miracle." Espio steps in and walks closer to the table and lightly slams his palms on the steel table while he motivated the team lifting everyone's spirits.

"Eggman's army has everyone terrified, if we want the people to rally , we have to show them that strength doesn't just come from numbers." Silver said. "Not everyone is terrified, isn't there a new recruit joining us today?" Charmy asked. "Yes." Silver answer. "A survivor from the city right?" he asked. "I'm accessing the file now." Amy sets her finger tips on the keyboard in front of her. Pressing a few buttons, Charmy flies over to look at the computer screen.

~~A Few Minutes Later~~

Knuckles walks in after they all looked through the new recruit's files. "knuckles, what's the situation commander?" Silver said. "Happy to see that you're all still alive, Eggman's forces chewed through our defenses in Green Hill and the resistance in the city is reporting that whatever it is that finished Sonic and took (Y/N)... Sorry, I'm still not used to saying that. Whatever it is has got them running in fear. All except for this brave kid, who survived the battle and made it here in one piece. Meet our newest recruit." Knuckles finished. The new recruit walked in while knuckles pat on the back of the new recruit. The rookie stood straight again as Charmy went over to him.

"Hmm, doesn't look like mush."

"Neither do you Charmy, but I still manage to find a use for your pointy butt!!"

"Teehee" Charmy gigged. "Here, kid. Take this. We're depending on you." He then hands the weapon to the new recruit, the rookie reaches out his hand and take's the weapon. "Okay, let's get going, everybody! The world's not gonna save itself!!" 

"Yeah!!!" Everyone cheered.

~~A Few Minutes Later~~

"I've just received some incredible news! Sonic is alive!!" Knuckles said with excitement in his tone.

"No way! That's excellent!" Silver was relieved at the news that Sonic is still alive.

"What!? Oh thank goodness! I knew it! I knew it!" Amy said cheerfully. "But what about (Y/N), is she okay?" Amy started to asked a bit worried. "I don't know about her, there still nothing I knew yet. But as long as I knew is Sonic, he's captured in the orbiting prison. My spy there says he's in a solitary confinement cell, and they've been torturing him for month." Knuckles explained. "That's terrible! We have to rescue him...and (Y/N) even though we don't know what happen to her" Amy said. "Plans already happening Amy. I've got a squad  on the way to the space port Chemical Plant to 'borrow' a shuttle."

"Come on guys, who's up for an old style jailbreak?"