Chapter 7 : The Fake

A/N : Okay so first, I want to say thank you for the 1K Reads!! OMG!! Thank you so much to all of you for reading this book!! Second, I though this book was too bad, and I though just let it die. But I told myself to continue until now. So, I want to say it again thank you. Anyway, enjoy this new chapter.

___________________________________________________________________________

You and the others were at the main room, talking about something. While doing this, Rouge suddenly pick up a strange readings on the big screen at  The Mystic Jungle.

"The system is picking up a couple of strange readings. They're coming from the laboratory, the one where Sonic fought Infinite." Rouge started.

"It's probably another of Eggman's robots." Silver stated.

"Life readings, two of them. Definitely not robots." She explain as Knuckles started to walk towards the big screen.

"Hey rookie, go to the lab and check it out!" Knuckles stated as the rookie set out to Mystic Jungle Aqua Road.

~~Time Skip~~

Finally arrived at the lab, Gadget suddenly found something shining through the moonlight as he walked towards it and pick it up. scanning it, it was the ruby. But right after he picked it up the ruby suddenly glow as it then faded.

Then he could hear someone coming, he looked over his shoulder to see two unfamiliar faces. One was look like Sonic but smaller and another one was a two-tail-fox.

"Have we met before?" Tails asked.

______________________________

"SONIC!!" Tails shouted as he enter the room and flew into Sonic's arms, you and the others look at the two.

"I was sooo worried! I thought you were..." Tails said trailing off slowly as he flew down and notice you.

"(Y/N)?" He started.

"Hey Tails, long time no se-" Before you could finish. Tails had already ran towards you and give you a tightly hug, and I mean really tightly.

"Ta-ils c-an't bre-athe!!" You tried to breathe through the hug.

"Oops, sorry (Y/N)." He quickly pulled away so you could breathe, everyone just quiet laugh.

"You worry too much, look, we're perfectly fine." Sonic stated. He then notice the classic version of himself was there.

"It's been generation since I've seen you. You okay?" He asked. The Classic Sonic just give him a thumbs up and a smiles.

"The good news is you're both safe!" Tails started. "The bad news is Eggman said he had some plan that would destroy us all in three days," He added.

"Not all of us..." You mumble to yourself.

"Three days, huh? A lot can happen in that time!" Sonic stated.

______________________________

"Eggman said when the plan is complete, we'll all be wiped out." Tails said worried.

"I don't like the sound of that. Normally I'd just laugh at an Eggman plan, but he's already conquered most of the world, so... What's this plan of his?" Knuckles asked. But before Tails could even answer, he was interrupted by Vector.

"Hey, I hate to butt in on your important meeting, but we're under attack! Shadow is tearing through our troops! We need reinforcements!" Vector stated.

"Shadow... The last time I saw him he was fighting for Eggman." Sonic started.

"Same." You enter the conversation.

"That doesn't make sense. Why would Shadow help the enemy?" Knuckles asked confused.

"Perhaps he's being controlled by that strange power?" Silver started to say.

"Whatever it is, I'll figure it out!" Sonic stated.

"Hold on Sonic! I'm coming with you. There some things I need to finish with him." You said suriously.

"Okay, if that's what you want. Came on!" And with that, you and Sonic of to The City Sunset Heights.

~~Time Skip~~

You and Sonic finally arrived, and surprise, surprise Shadow is just right in front of you with crossed arms. When you started to walk forwards, suddenly the ruby that Infinite give you as a 'gift' started to glow. You then take the ruby out from your pocket and hold it on you hand. It still glowing.

"All right, Shadow! What's the deal?" Sonic asked angrily as you then look towards you.

Shadow didn't reply. but instead, he charges towards us. You both rises your hand to defense yourself, but before he could hit us...

"Chaos control!!" Everything around us is slow and blue. The real Shadow then hit the fake one immediately get it away from you two and everything is back to normal color and speed.

"Another Shadow?" Sonic asked surprised and confused.

The fake Shadow started to glitched and then vanished. As the fake Shadow was vanished, the glow on the ruby started to fade until it did.

"He just disappeared." Sonic started.

When Shadow about to turn around, you quickly hide the ruby back inside your pocket and look up.

"That was a fake." Shadow replied.

"A fake? How?" Sonic asked.

"Infinite can create virtual reality projections. They have mass and form, but no heart and soul." Shadow answered.

"Virtual reality? So all those familiar faces that were part of Eggman's army..." You asked stepping forward, entering the conversation.

"Replicas. the problem is, they may not be real, but their powers are as formidable as the originals." He replied. "According to Rouge, Infinite can create unlimited numbers of them." He added.

"So, fight after fight, he can just keep cranking out counterfeits?" Sonic asked.

"Exactly. As it stands, there's no way can win this." Shadow stated.

"Of course we can win this! We always do! We just haven't figured that part out yet." Sonic said, you then heard something as you looked around.

Before Shadow could say anything else, he was interrupted by you.

"Hey boys, I think we really should head back to the base. Robots are coming this way!" You said and pointed the direction were the robots are. Sonic and Shadow looked at where you  were pointed at as they looked each other and nodded. Sonic then looked at you.

"Alright then, We're talk this later." And with that you, Sonic, and Shadow off towards the base.

"I don't like the sound of this phantom ruby's power, and there's no way I'm joining him. I'm going to help my friends and no matter what!"