Chapter 9 : They Know

You and the others were waited and waited until the connection is back so you can know what had happened, but bad luck is in your hands because the connection is still block. You began to feel worried about Gadget as you look at the ground. What if he's hurt? What if Infinite do something to him? Ugh!! This is all my fault!! I should never leave him in the first place!! Why did I trusted him!! You thought as you put both of your hands on your face to hide your anger and your sadness from the others.

When the time feels like it's about an hours, Rouge suddenly pick up call as she pressing a few buttons.

"Knuckles, I think this is for you. And I believed it's from the rookie." Rouge started. Knuckles nodded as he walked to the transmitter to answer the call.

"Hey rookie! You there?" Knuckles started to asked.

"Yeah." The rookie answer.

"Good, head back to the base. Explain everything later." Knuckles sigh. "Things were going well with Operation Big Wave, but then everything fizzled out when that Phantom Ruby kicked in." He added.

"That fake Shadow was created using the Phantom Ruby's power, right? Even if it's a virtual reality projection, it's as strong as the real Shadow." Silver began.

"Rouge, have you found the Intel I was looking for?" Shadow started to asked as he looked at Rouge.

"No, not yet. But I have reports that Eggman's database is located at the Chemical Plant." Rouge stated. "If we can check that out, we might find something there." She continue.

"That sounds like a promising lead. We have to figure out the secret behind Infinite's power and virtual reality. Tails, can you handle this?" Sonic asked.

"Got it. I'll take Sonic--I mean, the other Sonic-- with me and head to the Chemical Plant!" Tails replied.

"Be careful you two..." You started.

"We will (Y/N)!" Tails respond as both of them head towards to the Chemical Plant.

~~Later~~

You and the others again, waited until the arrival of Gadget and Tails with that Eggman's database. You were standing in the corner of the room with crossed arms just like Shadow, as you closed your eyes. You started think about why Infinite give you that phantom ruby, you still haven't figure out how to use it.

You then feel bad for yourself because you haven't told the team who you really are. And oh! You know what I'm talking about, you being the daughter of Infinite. You feel like you have to tell them your little secret. But how will Shadow and the others react to it? Will the team stop trusting you? You were curious and you want to know really badly. In the end, you let out a long sigh as you take a step forward from your place to the middle of the room.

"Everyone, I want to tell you something..." You began. The team looked at you with a confused look on their faces, even Shadow.

"What is it, (Y/N)?" Sonic asked as he walked towards you. You sigh as you looked at him.

"If I tell to you guys, will all of you still see me as a friend and can be trusted?" You asked as you stared at the ground. Sonic then put both of his hands on both of your shoulder as you looked at him.

"Of course we'll still see you as our friend and can be trusted! You're part of the team, right guys?" Sonic let go of you as he looked the others.

"Yeah!" They answer.

You then give them a weak smile as you take a deep breath.

"Okay, so I think all of you already know who's Infinite, right?" You asked.

"Of course we know him! His the main villain after all." Sonic replied for everyone.

"Well... He's actually... My father..." You said in a nervous tone. Everyone in the room froze, with shock on their faces. Sonic then spoke.

"How?! I mean you look nothing like him?!" He asked. He's right, you look nothing like Infinite, but you based off of him. No different between you two, huh?

"I know I'm nothing like him, but I'm based off of him. This hedgehog form is from my mom, and the reason I love swordsmanship is because of him. Well he used too, but not anymore." You explain.

There was a moment of silent in the room before Sonic spoke again.

"When did he told you this?" He asked.

"When both of us still at the Death Egg, and that's how I escape." You stated. There was another silent in the room, when suddenly...

"So, that's why he never mention about you." The voice says.

You turn around to see Shadow was the one who spoke. You and the others just give him a confused look.

"What are you talking about Shadow?" You asked, curious. He then looked at you.

"Before all of this happened, me and Rouge have our own mission, I then encountered him. He had said not even Sonic would be able to stop him, and he never spoken about you. But now I know why." He explain. You widen you eyes.

"Wait! you and Infinite know each other before?!" You asked.

"...Yeah... Why?" He asked.

"So all this time he's been playing dumb with me!" you hissed.

"What? How?!" Sonic started to asked.

"He said he didn't know Shadow's name." You answered.

After you answered, more silent fills up the room. Looks like they don't know what to ask you by now, and you still didn't show them that phantom ruby that you have there. Maybe now it's a good time to show to them? one way or another.

You about to show them the ruby when suddenly, the door started to opened by itself. You and the others turns to see who's at the door. Gadget.

You widen your eyes as you ran towards him and give him a hug. He return the hug, as you both pulled away. You then give him a light punch on his right arm as he yelp in pain.

"Hey! What was that for?" He asked, as he hold his arm where you had punch him.

"That is for making me worried sick about you." You response.

Knuckles then step forward from his place and spoke.

"You made it rookie. Now how about you tell us what happened, while we wait for Tails to came back." He stated.

The rookie nodded as he then tell us what happened.

"How should I tell him my secret..."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N : Hey guys! Sorry for keeping you guys waiting, again. I was just taking a break from my school and for Halloween. I know you guys wanted a new chapter for Halloween, but I got issues sooooo let's just pretend that this chapter is published on Halloween! Oh and... After this chapter has been published, I'll start working on a new chapter right away. Anyways, hope you enjoy!