Chapter 4 : The Truth Revealed

You were so happy to finally out from that Death Egg, You thought you were gonna escape the Death Egg alone, but good thing that Sonic were there, and plus Gadget was there too. Now that the three of you were in a ship. You were sitting on a chair as you saw the other. You didn't really pay any attention to the conversation that Sonic and the other are having. You were to busy thinking back what Infinite had told you.

~~Flashback~~

"I want to  tell you something..." Infinite said as he looking at you.

"What is it?" You asked, slightly confused, as he took a breath.

"I am... your father..." Fear seized you when he said that. No way is he your dad, nor does he even look like it! You just looked at him, widened your eyes slightly. Infinite sighed.

"You really don't believe me...do you..." He said, as you tilted you head.

"Well...I'm not sure...but...dad hasn't really been there expect-" You stopped. You remembered now. You remembered of when you were a kid, the vision lay blurry, but you do remember seeing 2 people. one was a female hedgehog, it must be your mother. However...the the one...he looked like a jackal...wait that's Infinite!

Infinite is really your dad...

You looked at Infinite, tears forming in your eyes.

"Daddy..." You whimpered, as Infinite embraced you with a hug. You hugged back. You remembered your mom telling you that it's useless to cry, always has, and always will be. Infinite rubbed your back gently, as you hugged him tightly, you didn't even matter about the mask that covering his face. Infinite pulled you back, as he wiped your tears away.

"Dad...where have you been all this time?" You asked.

"I'm so sorry...it's just that...i have to leave for my squad. I have to do my job." He replied.

"Oh..." Was the only thing you said, as you looked down. The name of the squad is the 'Jackal Squad' and Infinite is the leader of the Jackal Squad. But you really want know why he joined Eggman? And why he wear that mask and that strange looking jewel on his chest.

"Dad...why all of a sudden you joined Eggman?" You asked, as you looked at your dad.

"Well, there's a reason I joined him. It was a long time ago, when all of this first started. I was a hot shot mercenary along with my squad, and we were really good at our jobs. One day, we decided to take on our biggest mission yet, raiding Eggman's base."

"My team distracted his robots as I made my way inside to raid the base. I soon discovered a way in and found the Doctor studying something, and I think you have seen it but if you haven't." He said as he pointed the red glowing jewel on his chest. "We call it the phantom ruby." He started.

"I attacked Eggman, going in for the kill with my sword. To my surprise he moved out of the way, and I hit the phantom ruby instead of the Doctor. Somehow the strange ruby had reacted to me, it showed me an illusion of what I desired the most...a desolate, destroyed world." He started looking up into your eyes. You just stared back, with wide eyes and speechless. He want to destroyed the world, but why. "Eggman, who also saw the vision, took a liking to me and offered to make me the leader of his Eggman Army so we could accomplish our goals together." He said continuing the story.

"Realizing I had grown bored of the world as it was, I took Eggman's offer in spite of my squad's protest...and well, sometimes I wish I would've listened to them." He stated.