Chapter 3 : Escape

"Knuckles! Can you hear me?" Rouge started to asked. "Rouge. It's about time! How's Sonic doing?" Knuckles asked. "He's been better. They're getting ready to banish him into space." Rouge told Knuckles the news. "What? You cant't be serious!" Silver was shocked at what Rouge have just said. "Eggman's been keeping Sonic alive all this time. He's been waiting to show him his completed empire before banishing him." Rouge explain to them what was really going on. "And torturing Sonic just to pass the time. That's low, even for Eggman." Knuckles said. "Anyways, what about (Y/N)? Do you know anything about her?" Knuckles started to asked Rouge about you. "No, I didn't find anything about her sorry. But what I knew is that Eggman got wind of out rescue plan and is moving forward with his plan ahead of schedule." Rouge said with a low tone. She clear her thought about you and back where she left it.

"The clock is ticking boss." Rouge told Knuckles. "But we don't even know where he's being held captive." Amy started to spoke. "Yes we do. Eggman rebuilt the Death Egg. That's where he's keeping Sonic and (Y/N)." Rouge answered Amy question. "The Death Egg? Oh, man, that's not good" Vector said a bit scared. "None of this is good, Vector. That's why it's called 'war'." Knuckles said to Vector. "You all know what to do. Let's go get Sonic and (Y/N)."

~~Meanwhile At The Death Egg~~

You wake up on a bed. Vision slowly clears out, as you sat up. Your head boomed, as you put your hand on your head . After a long silence, you looked around then realize you were in a cell. "What the...? How did I end up in here?" You asked your as you trying to remember what had happened to you. You remember you saw a figure beat Sonic and.... wait that jackal was the one who defeated Sonic and... took you here. But why?

You then hear an unfamiliar voice spoke. "So... you finally awake." You widened your eyes as you turn around the source of the voice. It's him...that jackal who defeated Sonic.He was wearing a mask, you can only see his right eye and he also has that strange ruby on his chest. You step back as the jackal just chuckles. "Aww, are you scared. I was thought you was brave?...(Y/N)." The jackal said as he crossed his arms. "How did you know my name?" You asked him as you stop moving and just standed there.

"I know everything about you, my dear." The jackal replyed. You widened your eyes at his replyed. You were confused, it seems like this jackal you have meet before, but to you have't. So you decide to ask him a few questions. "Excuse me but, have we ever meet?" You asked him as you only take one step forward. "Of course we have." The jackal answered. This have bring you your attention. "And what is your name?" You asked. "You can call me Infinite" Infinite reply. "Oh...so Infinite, how long have I've been out?" You asked him as you walk and sit down on the bed. "6 month." he reply as walk towards you and sit right next to you on the bed. "6... month?" You repeated his words as you looked at him. He just give you a nod as in 'yes'. "But it felt like it happened yesterday." You said as you looked away. Infinite sign then spoke again. "You do know I tooked you because there's a reason. I only tooked you not because of Dr.Eggman, but It's because of me." Infinite said as you turn around to faced him. There was a short silence between you two, then Infinite signed and started to spoke.

"I want to tell you something..." He said as you tilted your head.

"What is it?" you asked him curious.

~~A Few Hours Later, With Sonic~~

"This is the end Sonic." Zavok started to say while he enter Sonic's cell. "Oh hey! Sounds like the party's started! Wanna let me go and join in? No? Of course not. You hate fun." Sonic said, suddenly the alarm goes off and Sonic is free! Well almost free. Sonic then get off of the metal bed and walk towards to Zavok. "The end huh? Let's see you try something now that I'm free." He said. "Foolish hedgehog. Getting out of your chains does not make you free. Now come and face the inevitable." He said as he in a fighting position. Sonic dash out from the cell. "The only thing inevitable here is my foot kicking your butt!" Sonic said with a smirk on his face. Zavok charged at him tryed to push him, but Sonic quickly dodged him and they start started to fight.

~~A Few Minutes Later, After The fight~~

Zavok fell to the metal ground while Sonic just standed there, suddenly a strange noise was hear around the room and Zavok then vanished. "It's that sound again?" Sonic looked around try to find where the noise coming from, when suddenly the metal ground started to shake. "Whoa! It's not time for thinking, it's time for running!" He said and with that, he started to run.

While Sonic was running, he then saw about 4 Eggman;s robots surrounding someone. "I wonder who's that?" He mumbled and ran towards the direction where the robots are. When he got closer, he then widened his eyes at what he saw. It was you! You were on the ground holding your arms up to protect yourself from those robots. "(Y/N)!!" Sonic yelled to get your attention. "S-Sonic?" You try to see is that really him, but the robots was getting more closer and block you from seeing him. Before Sonic can do his spin dash to attack the robots, he suddenly saw your sword on the ground. He pick it up and said "(Y/N)! Catch!" He throw your sword and luckly you caught it.

You quickly stand up and started to destroy the 4 robots. As you destroyed the last robot, you looked at Sonic as you ran towards him and give him a tight hugged. You were so happy as your tears started to fall. Sonic notice this as he pulled away from the hugged and wiped your tears away. "(Y/N) it's okay I'm right here." He said as he give you a warm smile. "I'm just glad that your okay." You said as you wiped your own tears. "Wait, did Eggman tooked you too?" He started to asked. "*Sniff* Yeah." You replyed. "And how did you get out from the cell?" He asked. "Umm... I have my ways." You and suit without telling him what really happened. "Oh.. okay then." He said as he looked around. "C'mon (Y/N), we should really get outta here. This place stinks." He get in to a running position, ready to run. "Right!" You said as you put your sword behind you and both of you started to run.

~~A Few Minutes Later~~

As both of you running, Sonic suddenly stopped in his track with you stopped too. "What's wrong?" You started to asked him. "Did you hear that?" he asked you. "Yeah" You mumble as you looked around and try to find the sound, "Sonic look!" You point your finger as Sonic turn around and looked at where your finger pointed at. Both of you saw Eggman;s robots circling what it to be like a red wolf. "Huh, it's just like you."He said as he poking you arms. "Shut up. Go and help him." You said as you pushed him away. "Fine." He said as he got in to his spin dash.

You watched him destroyed every single robots. When he done dealing with those robots, he stand in front of the red wolf and spoke. "Easy there! Everything's cool." He said as he pulled out a hand for helping the wolf to stand up. "Are you here to rescue us?" He asked the red wolf. The red wolf nodded as in 'yes'. "Can't tell you how much I appreciate it."Sonic said. At this point you were walking to see who Sonic is talking to, but then your eyes widened. It's him, the one that you cared about. "Gadget?" You asked. The red wolf looked at you and widened eyes too. "(Y/N)? It's the really you?" He said. You then hugged him as he hugged you too. "(Y/N), both of you know each other?" Sonic started to asked. "Well yeah, me and Gadget were best friends since we were kids. Before my mother died and..." You started to lower your voice. Suddenly you were interrupted by Gadget watch beed. He answered the call, "Hey rookie, you still in one piece?" Knuckles asked him. "Oh, sure, don't even bother to ask how I am." Sonic said. "Sonic! I'm so glad." Amy cheered. "Amy?" Sonic asked surprised. "Hey Amy." You said. "(Y/N)!! Your okay!!" Amy cheered again.

"Hold up Amy. We're all happy Sonic is alive! And (Y/N) is okay---" Knuckles started to say. "Is there an exit around here?" Sonic asked Gadget. He just pointed his finger where's the exit is.. "Your concern is touching, Knuckles." Sonic said as the three of you started to go towards the exit. Sonic then started to run as you and Gadget looked at each other. "You're going to know him soon." you said as you started to run too, and Gadget follow you behind.

The three of you enter the ship and flew of to go back to your home planet.