Chapter 6 : The Gift

You and Silver finally arrived at the base. You knock on the front door as the door open to reveal Knuckles with a shock face when he saw both of you.

"Silver?!" He gasp as he look at Silver.

"Knuckles! Silver need to rest, where can I put him?" You asked him quickly, not wasting any time.

"Oh! uhh...just put him at the rest room. One more thing, Sonic is on his way to here and I think his injured too. So I think he will be joining you both." He stated.

You just give him a nod and walk inside. You walk through a long hallway to find the rest room, so that both of you can rest easily. You then stop in front of the door that says 'Rest room' on it. You open the door as you look around the room. There was two beds, three chairs, and healing stuff. You carefully place him on one of the bed as he sat up on the bed. You just sit right next to him as he spoke.

"This is all my fault." He started.

"What? Silver, it's not your fault." You said as you looked at him.

"Well it is, if only I had a full power I can easily defeat him!" He said as he clenched his fist and close his eyes tightly. You just sigh as you looked away. 

Silver started to calm down as he sigh and looked away too. There were a silence moment between both of you, you were wondering if you could tell Silver that Infinite is your father. You really want to know the answer from him, but what if he don't want to be your friend anymore? What if the whole team will know? What if the whole world will know? Well, the person is already right beside you and there's no one else here but you and Silver. So you decide to do it.

"Hey Silver, I want to tell you something." You started as you looked at him.

"Yeah, what is it?" He asked as he looked at you too.

"You do know that jackal named Infinite back at the jungle, right?" You asked.

"Oh yeah, that guy. What about it?" He asked curious.

"Well...he was actually my-" Before you could finish, the door suddenly open. Both of you jump at the sudden movement. You and Silver turn to see who it was at the door.

"Sonic!" You said as you stand up and walk towards him.

"Oh hey, Knuckles said there's someone in here. I thought it was Amy, but no it's only you guys." he stated.

"So how was the fight with him?" You started to asked.

"Huh, It was great. But before it even ends, he used his power to make an illusion that make me of balance. And he easily defeated me." He explain how he easily lose the fight as he walk past you and head towards the other bed as he lay himself down same as Sliver. You sigh as you started to walk out of the room.

"(Y/N), where are you going? We must stay here and rest remember?" Silver started to asked as he looked at you.

"Oh uhh...I'm just going outside to get some fresh air, nothing more." You said as you close your eyes and give them a smile.

"...Okay I guess..." Silver said.

You just give them a nervous laugh as you walk out of the room and walk to a long hallway towards the front door.

As you walk, there was a door on you right. You could hear the other talk about something, but you don't want to bother them. So you just walk past it and head towards the front door. You finally found the door as you walk to it, you reach for the door knob and close it behind you. You turn around as your eyes widen to see what was there and what was not.