Chapter 5 : Call Me Infinite

After the three of you destroyed the factory, you received a call from Amy. "Something is attacking inside the Mystic Jungle! Silver is fighting him...or it, or whatever. Just hurry!" Amy said with panicked in her tone. "Guys it's him!" Silver suddenly spoke through the communicator. You and the others could heard a strange sound coming from Silver's communicator. But you already knew who it belong to, your dad. You just stayed silent and just listening to the situation that their having. "I'm looking forward to a second round with this guy!" Sonic stated. He hung up the communicator and then looked at you and Gadget. "So...you guys coming?" He started to asked you both. 

"I think I'll seat this one out, the other might need more help." Gadget answer first as then looked at you. Sonic just nod as he looked at you too then spoke. 

"Well, what about you (Y/N)?" He asked you. 

"I think...I'll come with you." You replied.

"Alright then." He give you a warm smile.

You smile back, but only about two second and you smile started to fading away as you looked at Gadget. "Gadget, if I go with Sonic what about you?" You started to asked him. "Hey...don't worry, I'll be fine. You worry too much (Y/N), I'll be at the base okay?" Gadget stated. "Fine...be careful out there." You mumbled as you then walk towards Sonic. He grab your hand tightly and spoke. "Ready?" He asked you. "Ready." You simply replied, and with that you and Sonic ran through the Mystic Jungle. As for Gadget, he head back to the secret base.

~~Time Skip~~

"This wasn't part of my agenda, but I'm always happy to crush a hero. It keeps the rabble in line. Show them that there is no hope." Infinite stated.

"Does anyone but you believe your lies?" Silver started to asked but before he could do anything else, Infinite quickly charges at him. Luckily he dodged the sudden attacked as he retaliate by charging back. But when they clashed together, a fit of the phantom ruby had fallen to the ground. Silver decide to take him down by clash again, but Infinite was over powered as he kicked him to be thrown to the air and hit the hard rock wall as he fall to the ground and also followed by the gravel.

"Seeing is believing." Infinite started to say as he charged at Silver, but was luckily stopped by Sonic.

"Time to tag out, Silver! I've got it from here!" Sonic started to say as he stood in front of Silver. You carefully jumped off of a small cliff and land on your feet as you ran all the way to Silver to make sure he was okay. You didn't really care what was happening that time, all that you care is right now Silver. You finally went over to Silver as you helped him up to stand on his feet. "You okay Silver?" You started to asked. "Yeah, I'm fine don't worry." He simply replied. Infinite only watch every single one of your move as he started to says.

"Well, look who's back from the dead. The little blue savior. But what's that I smell? You reek of fear. Glad to see I left an impression." Infinite stated.

Sonic then lifts his right arm and sniffed his armpit. "That's not fear. I ran all the way over here. And you haven't left an impression. I don't know anything about you! Not even your name." Sonic started to asked as you looked at your dad.

"You may call me 'Infinite' in the brief moments that remain to you." Infinite replied.

"Dad..." You mumble to yourself so that no one but you could heard.

"Great! See Infinite, now we're getting to know each other! So, what's your favorite color? Do you like long romantic walks on the beach? What's the source of your power? You can skip the first two question if you like." Sonic started to asked him more.

"The source of my power is none of your concern." He stated.

"Sorry, but you've just GOT to share the secret of your power with me. I insist!" Sonic said as he charges towards Infinite.

"Your insistence is futile." Infinite said as he activate the phantom ruby. You can hear that strange sound when Silver was on a communicator before you got here, and everything becomes red and glitchy.  All three of you started to levitate of the ground.

"Woah...woah woah waoh woah!" Sonic yelled.

"Sonic, you okay?" Silver started to asked.

And out of nowhere, Infinite hit Sonic from the bottom as he was thrown to a different direction. When both of them gone, you and Silver started to fall down to the ground. You land on your feet so as Silver.

"Silver! You're not hurt are you?" You started to asked him as you ran to him to help him out.

"No, I'm fine." Silver replied as he get up, but fall in your arms.

"No your not, you're lying. We need to get out of here and head back to the secret base so you have time to rest." You said as you helping Silver to stand on his feet. He just nodded, as both of you head back to the secret base.

"Be careful Sonic."