Chapter 10 : Information

~~With Tails and Classic Sonic~~

"Phew! So this is where the database is." Tails begin. "Hold on a sec, while I access the data from this computer..." He added as he began to type a few buttons.

"Okay... failed battle plans... old robot designs... wow, he's got like ten terabytes of selfies... so where does he keep the--" He trailed off.

"Found it! Virtual Reality weapon, The Phantom Ruby." Tails smiles. "A weapon that takes control of people's visual and depth perception to feed false information to the brain creating a new reality for them!" He continue.

"Like a dream so real, if you bump yourself in it, your sleeping self will bruise? it's hard to believe." He added.

"Eggman experimented with lots of prototypes, and then incorporated the final version into Infinite." Tails looked at classic Sonic.

"If I'm reading this data correctly, then there might be a weakness." He inform. "This is huge! Let's get this information back to the others!" He finished, as both of them head back to the base.

~~Back At The Secret Base, With You And The Others~~

"I don't like sitting on the bench, but there's nothing to do til Tails gets back." Knuckles begin.

"Way to jinx it! Metal Sonic has been spotted in the city!" Amy warned, as Shadow glance at her.

"Is it another fake?" Shadow asked.

"Why would they bother making a fake out of something that already isn't real? Couldn't they just build more?" Sonic stated. "Ether way,it's getting wrecked! Let's go, partner!" Sonic finish.

Gadget smile, as he quickly walk towards Sonic with his wispon on right arm. But before he could do so, you quickly grabbed his left wrist, as Gadget glance at you.

"You're not going anywhere." You hissed.

"Aww... C'mon (Y/N), it will be like a training for him. Give him a change, please?" Sonic begged.

You take a glance at Gadget then towards Sonic then at Gadget again. Finally, you take a long sigh as you let go Gadget's wrist.

"Fine... Just be careful." You mumbled.

Gadget give you a smile, as he walked towards Sonic.

"Don't worry (Y/N), I'll keep an eye on him." Sonic stated, as both of them head towards to the City, Red Gate Bridge.

~~Time Skip, After Defeating Metal Sonic~~ (I'm really bad writing runthrough)

"Hey! That was great! We were like a well-oiled machine... fighting a well-oiled machine." Sonic brings his hand up and grin as the rookie smiles as both of them fist bump.Both of them then received a call from Knuckles.

"Sonic, rookie head back to the base. Tails has all the information about that Phantom Ruby's power.." He inform.

"Alright, me and the rookie will be right there in no time!" Sonic said as he hung up, same as the rookie as both of them head straight towards the base.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

"I got it, Sonic! I figured out a way to stop Eggman's Phantom Ruby!" Tails begin.

"Great work, Tails!" Sonic says.

"Based on these readings, the Phantom Ruby requires an incredible amount of energy, which only the Death Egg can provide." Tails inform. "We simply stop the energy transfer, and boom, the Phantom Ruby is practically useless." He added.

"Simply? Last I checked the Death Egg is a heavily fortified... well, Death Egg." Knuckles stated.

"True. But I came up with a plan." Tails said. "First, we distract Eggman." Tails started. "While he's not paying attention, we use the Chemical Plant computer to hack into the Death Egg's weapons systems and shut it down." He continue. "With no weapons, destroying the Death Egg will be a piece of cake. No Death Egg, means the Phantom Ruby is nearly useless." He added.

"In that case, I'll head to the Chemical Plant!" Sonic begin.

"I'll came with you Sonic." You said as Sonic give you a nodded.

"Well, you know, it's just crazy enough to work. So now we need a distraction, I'm on it!" Knuckles started as Amy looked at him.

"No way, Knuckles. You're too easily distracted. That's not a good trait for a distraction. Plus, you're our commander! We kinda need you here." She stated.

"How about the rookie? Eggman would never expect it, it may even throw him off a little." Silver suggested.

"Good Idea! You got your orders, rookie. We only have one more day before Eggman's plan is executed, so let's hustle!" Knuckles stated as you and Sonic head to the Chemical Plant as the rookie head to Green Hill Guardian Rock.

"Maybe I can try to use this ruby."