Chapter 8 : Big Wave?

"Listen up! We just got word that Eggman's forces are undermanned at his headquarters in Metropolis!" Knuckles started.

"They're probably staging somewhere else as part of Eggman's plan. This could be our only chance to take the city" Espio stated.

"Exactly! That's why we're focusing on a full frontal assault on Metropolis!" Knuckles continue. "I'm calling it, 'Operation Big Wave'!" He added.

"Who cares what it's called?" Silver complain. "What's important is to have a well thought out strategy." He stated.

"I thought up this strategy in about a minute and a half. We're going in hard and last and fast and we're not going to stop till Eggman's army's destroyed." Knuckles stated. "Sonic and (Y/N) is busy fighting Shadow, but the rest of us can do this! We're got the strength and the spirit to win. There's no finer group that I'd want to fight with." He finished.

"Ha! Great speech!" Vector complement. "Let's give Eggman an old-fashioned beat down!" He added.

"They have more in sheer numbers, so the idea of a quick, focused attack isn't bad." Tails started to say. "We also have Sonic-- I mean, the other Sonic-- so I have no doubt we can do this!" He continue. "Also, if we can destroy the Phantom Ruby, we should be able to send the other Sonic home! At least I hope so... this is all new territory for me..." He added.

"Okay, let's head straight for Eggman's HQ! Time to save the world, people!" Knuckles stated.

~~Time Skip, With You, Sonic And Shadow~~

You, Sonic and Shadow finally arrived at the base. While walking the long hallway to see the others, you three heard their voices at the main room, almost sounds like worried and disappointment.

"Our Big Wave has washed out!" You heard Knuckles sigh.

"We haven't lost." Silver said. "Let's fall back and regroup." He added.

"Big Wave?" You asked yourself.

"Awe... Are their having fun without me?" Sonic joke.

You just rolled your eyes, as the three of you enter the room. Amy was the first one who notice you three.

"Sonic! (Y/N)! You both back!!" She shouted, as everyone else notice your back. Knuckles then walked over to you both.

"It's good to see you're both back." Knuckles started. He then notice Shadow was there too. "And Shadow... What are you doing here?" He asked, clenched his fist as ready to have a fight. But you stop him by stepping in front him.

"Hold on, Knuckles! The one that was tearing though our troops, that was a fake Shadow! It was created using the Phantom Ruby's power! Like virtual reality projection!" You explain to him.

"Oh really? Sorry there Shadow." Knuckles apologise, as he scratch the back of his head with a giggle. Shadow stayed silent as he continue to walk deeper into the main room. You, Sonic and Knuckles continue to talk, when suddenly...

"Guys!! Check this out!" Silver yelled to get everyone's attention. All of us except Shadow, ran to the big screen where Silver's are, and see what was going on.

"What is it Silver?!" Sonic asked worried.

You then looked at the screen to see Infinite and Gadget face to face each other. You saw Gadget with a scared face and him... You can't really tell. What is he (Infinite) doing here? You thought to yourself.

"It's look like their having a battle." You started.

"But the rookie looks scared." Silver stated. Sonic came closer to the big screen.

"Hey, don't be scared! This is your moment to shine!" Sonic said. You saw Gadget clenched his right hand into a fist through the big screen. "Keep going. Don't let your fear own you!" He added.

Gadget clenched his left hand into a fist as he raises it.

"Fine. I will teach you fear, then pain, and then... well, at least the fear and pain will end." And with that, you lost connection between you and him.

"Good luck Gadget, I hope you'll win."