2

"ovie, you wanna go on a date?"

ovie smiled back at me and bowed down like i was royalty or something. "it would be my honor" he replied in a scripted thick british accent.

i let out a small laugh and made my way to the dressing room to get ready for my first date in the villa, the girls following me. after searching through my neatly folded clothes in my suitcase, i finally found a dress. my clothes which was in my case was now spread over the floor.

"drop dead gorgeous" molly's eyes went wide when i came from the bathroom, "if he doesn't fall to his knees when you walk out, i'll be your date"

the girls and i laughed at molly's comment and made our way out to the boys. ovie threw on a white dress shirt with a few of the top buttons down with kaki shorts.

"you ready?"
"after you" he winked with a smile. arm in arm, we made our way out the villa and to a cute spot on a hill with a beautiful view of the ocean. ovie popped the champagne, almost taking my head off, and it finally felt like we settled into the date.

"so tell me about yourself, how old are you and what do you do? i wanna know everything" he joked.

"well i'm 24, i live in Manchester and i'm in Marketing" i took a sip of my champagne "and you?"

"i'm 28, i stay in london but go away for work and i'm a basketball player. its off season so thats why i thought it was a good time to go into the villa now"

"i could kind of get an idea by your height" i laughed and he joined in.

"your usual type?" he asked relaxing into the conversation. i thought for a bit before answering.

"i don't usually have a type but if it had to be on paper: tall, tan and funny" i buried my head into my hands with a smile trying to not see my reaction.

"well i think its your lucky day" he winked, raising his glass for a toast.

"to the best summer yet"

After the date, ovie and i made our way back to the villa. the other islanders sat around, some in the pool and others in the day bed trying to get out if the scorching sun. heads turned our way as soon as we walked in, smiles planted on their faces.

"so how was it?" shouted amber from the daybed beneath from where we were standing, arm in arm. "really good!" i replied making my way down to her and tommy who laid next to her. ovie made his way to the pool where the other boys were swimming and sat. i squished in between them two and rested my head on my elbow. "he's proper fit, and funny. we got to know each other really well in the short amount of time."

i spoke to amber and tommy for a while before the sun began to set and it was time to get ready for whatever love island had planned because anything can happen. the girls and i chatted on while doing our makeup and just got a bit closer.

drinks were poured and amber and i were laying on the daybed when i felt a hand touch my shoulder. i looked up and to my surprise, it was ovie. "you mind if we have a chat?" he looked to me and then to amber, giving her a small hint for her to leave (nicely)

ovie plopped down next to me, scooting a bit closer then amber was lying. "you enjoyed your first day?"

"i'm really happy" i said looking at him with a grin, "its couldn't have gone any other way"

*bing*

"message!" shouted ovie from beside me, "ovie, the public have decided that you should go on a date. a new girl is waiting for you in the hotub on the hideaway terrace. #wetandwild #lifeguardonduty"

well i spoke too soon.

-

HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED