Chapter 11

Malik led me through the halls and back into Moretti's office. I shuddered at the cold air that rushed over me, and the memories that came with it.

"The phone is on the desk. Take your time." Malik instructed.

I nodded gratefully at him, and he left the room and the door clicked shut.

Approaching the phone on the desk, I take it in my hands and sit down on a close chair. Hesitating, I dial the pack house number.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Ri-

"Hello?" My dads voice sounded through the phone, and I barely held back a relieved sob.

"Dad?" I ask, to make sure I'm not dreaming.

"Liam? Liam is that you?" He says again.

I nod, feeling tears roll down my cheeks already. I remembered he couldn't see me, so I cleared my throat and begin again.

"Uh, yeah. Yes it is." I smile. It was so amazing to hear familiar voices again.

I heard some muffles, and then the next voice that came through really made me breakdown.

"Liam?" My moms voice came through the phone.

"Hi mom." I sniffle.

"Liam, where are you?" He asked.

"Italy, I think. Yeah, Italy." I confirm.

"What the hell are you doing in Italy?" My dad chimed in.

"I met my mate at the hotel and...yeah. Now I'm in Italy?" I sigh, my shoulders slumping.

"Mate? What? You need to elaborate more, Li." Mom told me through the phone.

"My mate took me with him back to his pack in Italy. I had no choice." I scrunch up my nose in disgust.

"Who's your mate? What pack? And where in Italy?" My dad asked.

Man, I love my parents, but they're giving me whiplash with their constant questions.

"I'm not sure where in Italy. And I think the Blood Woods pack. Do you know Alpha Moretti?"

The other end of the phone went silent, and I started to get concerned if our connection was cut or if one of us had hung up accidentally on one another for a moment.

"You're Alpha Moretti's mate?" I heard my dad whisper.

"Yeah, I guess so. I really don't like it here though, and I want to come home."

"Why? Li is he not treating you right?" My mom growled.

I purse my lips. I open my mouth to speak, but no words can come.

I mean, he has definitely not been the best mate, and has not been treating me right. But things could be worse. He could do things to me that would give me nightmares for the rest of my life. Him forcefully marking me already gives me subtle panic attacks, but I've had worse. Not compared to the once's I get when I think about Kyle.

"Liam?" My mom calls my name through the phone again.

"Oh, sorry. Just...thinking." I trail off.

"Liam, you don't seem like yourself. Is he treating you ok? Are you ok?" He sounded very concerned.

I honestly did not want my mom to worry. He's done enough of that for the past 18 years.

"I'm fine. He treats me, okay?" I mentally scold myself for making that sound like a question.

"Li, don't lie to me." He used that 'mom voice' that no matter how old you are, always scares the shit out of you.

"I'm not sure. I don't have experience with how a mate is supposed to properly treat me. So, things are just okay. Don't worry about me. Please." I beg.

"How can I not worry about you? You've been missing for the past few weeks, and all we knew was what Kay told us. So don't tell me to not worry about you." He scolded.

"Mom, please?"

"If things don't get better in a month, just call and me and your dad will be over as fast as we can." He told me.

Goddess, why did everything have to be a month? First it's the bet with Malik to let Moretti have a chance, and now this?

"Thank you for the offer. I'll let you know." I mumbled.

"Liam, we all miss you. And we love you. Please never hesitate to call us." My dad spoke again.

Ha, yeah, if I even can call you.

"Okay. Thank you. I miss you guys and Arina and Kay so much." I smile. I really miss them.

"We will tell them. They miss you too. Also, Kay found her mate at the hotel as well!" My mom said cheerfully.

"What? Really? No way!" I exclaim.

"It's true! Her name is Hannah, and she was a warrior from a pack in South Carolina. They met at the bar Kay went too the night you left." My dad explained.

"That's amazing. Well if Hannah is there as well, I say hi and welcome." I smile at the thought of Kay finally finding her mate.

Some muffles are heard and it goes silent, then my mom comes back on.

"I'm very sorry, we have things to get too. So we have to go. But we are all glad you're safe and alive. I love you." My mom tells me.

My smile drops. I don't want to stop talking to my parents, but I suppose I have too.

"Ok. I love you. I'll try and call you soon." I say sadly.

"That would be appreciated. Have a great time in Italy. Bye Liam." My dad says.

"Bye." I quietly say, and the line goes dead.

I take the phone away from my ear and stare at it for who knows how long.

Then I start crying. Like I have never done before. Living without my family was hell. I hated it.

I don't know how long I cried with the phone in my lap, but it was now dark outside.

Eventually, I can't cry anymore, and my eyes are red and puffy. I put the phone back in it's spot and get up to leave the office quietly.

I roam around the dark halls, trying to figure out my way back to my room. But it was near damn impossible, because this place was still unfamiliar.

I halt at a barely cracked open door, with soft cello music coming from inside.

I peer in carefully, and my jaw drops.

Moretti can play the cello? And he was really good at it.

I sit outside of the door to listen to him play. At times the piece was so calm and peaceful, and then it got intense and exciting. It was really interesting.

Still sitting by the door, my back and head against the wall and hands in my lap, I let the cello relax me into sleep.