Chapter 24

As I stood, hiding, in the kitchen, orders from different chefs and cooks flooded my mind.

I didn't really want to hide in my room. Mom would be pissed if I did that. It's my sisters wedding after all.

So I stayed in the kitchen, acting like I was helping, when in reality I didn't know how to cook for shit.

I stood out of everyones way. Sometimes I had to occasionally step aside, but I chose my spot wisely after looking where everyone goes the least.

Watching all of the servers head in and out of the kitchen, I spot Arina walking in. She gave a satisfied smile when she saw me.

"Hey." She called out when she was a few steps away from me.

I nod back in greeting.

"Why aren't you out there? Moms getting suspicious." She crosses her arms over her chest.

"I think you know why." I sigh back.

Arina narrows her dark brown eyes. "I don't want my assumptions to be false."

I look out the kitchen window, out where everyone is either laughing or dancing with each other. I spot Ansaldo talking to a few pack members, a champagne glass in his hand. Everyone seems to like him.

I'm not sure how to feel about that.

I look back to Arina. "I don't want to be around Ansaldo. There."

My older sister nods. "So I assumed correct."

I roll my eyes.

"Listen, I know you'll hate me for this, but you need to get back out there. You've been in this place for hours." She explains.

I look down at my shoes.

She wraps one arm around my shoulders. "You'll be fine. Everything will be okay." Arina assures me.

I look at her, and bite my lip. "If things go wrong it's your fault." I point my finger at her.

She hums. "Mm, no. I don't think it will."

I shrug her arm off my shoulders, and she gently, get firmly, leads me out of the kitchen and into the social scene that I was dreading.

I already felt his eyes on me. I tried to ignore the anxious feeling forming in the pit of my stomach.

"There you guys are! Especially you Liam." Mom came up to me, an identical Champaign glass to Ansaldos in his hand.

"Sorry, just helping around in the kitchen." I lied. Well, I half lied.

Arina snorted.

I kicked her foot.

"Well whether you were helping or not, you should've been out here. It's your sisters wedding for goddesses sake, Liam." Mom scolds.

I just nod. "Alright. Anything else you have to get out?"

This catches him off guard. I never back talk him.

"Go sit with everyone. At least try to be happy for a few more hours." He takes me from Arina and leads me to a table where the main families were sitting.

Kay and Hannah still sat at the table, with most of Hannah's family. My family was off doing other things.

I don't know why I have to sit down and do nothing when they're doing other things.

Kay and Hannah already did the whole 'first dance as a married couple' thing, and now people were able to enjoy themselves on the dance floor.