Chapter 29

I paced around the waiting room, anxious for my best friend to be okay.

"Mio Tesoro, everything will be fine." Ansaldo gently held my shoulders and stopped me from my pacing.

"But Lucas my best friend. I just want him to be alright." I sigh.

He pulls me into his chest and I wrap my arms around his waist. "He's just in labor. He's not in a coma with a gun shot wound or in surgery with a brain tumor."

I somehow press myself more into him and squeeze tighter. "It's been hours." Is all I can worriedly say in response.

"Labor lasts for hours. This isn't something to be worried about. It's normal, teisoro." I look up at him after his reassurance. He's totally right. I'm just being too emotional about this.

He leans down and captures my lips with his. I respond back quickly, our lips moving together perfectly. He bites my bottom lip and I accept his request. His tongue finds its way into my mouth and roams around. The deep kiss swallows and covers all of my moans, and I'm oddly thankful for that. Because if he heard me moan, my back would hurt even more.

I pull away when I hear a door open, but Ansaldo leans in for one last tiny kiss, which I chuckle at.

I keep myself in Ansaldos arms as I turn to look at Malik, who entered the room. "Do you guys want to come in?"

"Yes!" I jump out of my mates arms and quickly make my way past Malik and into the hospital room my best friend was in.

I stop and my eyes soften when I see a pink bundle in Lucas arms. Luca was too caught in looking at his daughter to notice my presence.

I stand still for about a minute, letting Luca enjoy his moment before I clear my throat.

Luca looks over at me and smiles. "Hey Liam." I smile back in greeting. "How you holding up?" I ask.

Luca shrugs. "I hurt, but it's so worth it." He looks down at his daughter again.

I peer over him and take a look at his baby. It's like a female copy of Luca, just with Malik's darker blonde hair. "Whats her name?" I whisper, careful not to disturb the sleeping newborn.

"We decided to name her Nico."

"That's a beautiful name. It fits her perfectly." I compliment. Luca smiles and nods a small 'thank you.'

"Where's Ansaldo?" Luca continues.

I look behind me, expecting him to be there, but he wasn't. "Probably with Malik in the waiting room. You know how they are together." Luca chuckles.

"That's true. They have some sort of bromance or whatever." He says after he finishes laughing.

"To be fair, I think we have one as well. So we can't be so quick to judge." It was my turn to laugh at my own joke.

"True. By the way, how are you and Ansaldo?" Luca carefully gets up to put little Nico back in her bassinet thing.

"Good. However, my backside hurts way to often now." I roll my eyes, but smile.

"How long has it been since you marked him? Two weeks?" He sits down carefully back in the bed, wincing a little due to just giving birth and pain still being fresh.

"Around that time, yeah." I sit down on one of the chairs in the room. "Why do you ask?"

Luca pauses for a moment before speaking again. "Your scent has changed a little," I tense up, but he continues on. "But it could just be either Nicos scent mixing with yours, or you just having a new smell since you and Ansaldo are fully mated now."

I let go of a breath I didn't realize I was holding. "We haven't really used protection though." I say quietly, and bite my lip.

Lucas eyes widen. "Oh, well, I mean after I get out of this place we could confirm it?" He offers.

"Confirm what?" Ansaldo walks in the room. Luca opens his mouth to respond, but I quickly interfere.

"Nothing concerning. Don't worry about it, you have enough on your mind as is." Luca looks at me with a questioning stare, but I barely shake my head to him, a sign to mention nothing.

Truth is, I didn't know for sure if I was pregnant or not. I don't want him to worry about it, because I might not be. And it's something he doesn't need to have on his mind right now if it ends up coming out negative.

Ansaldo makes his way to where I'm sitting and makes me stand up. I roll my eyes when he takes my place on the chair and sits me down in his lap. I adjust my body to where I'm facing sideways rather than facing uncomfortably forward. We all know cuddling or having a person hold you can be uncomfortable sometimes.

"You shouldn't worry too much about me being stressed. The only things I care enough to truly worry about is you and this pack." He seriously tells me.

I nod and he kisses my forehead in reassurance.

"You guys are so cute that it hurts." Luca jumps in.

I giggle and press myself more into my mate. His intoxicating scent gets stronger when I do so, and I relish in it.

I see Malik pick up Nico carefully and sit with her on the couch on the other side of the room.

"Do you have a middle name for her?" I ask.

"No. Some people are just not really meant to have middle names, and Nico is definitely one of them. It's nothing bad though." Malik explains, eyes on his daughter the entire time.

"It makes sense though to not give her one. It just makes her more unique." Malik nods in agreement, and Luca sleepily smiles.

"I think it's time for us to go for now. Luca needs some sleep. We'll be back though, promise." Ansaldo explains, and stands up, me still in his arms.

My arms wrap around his shoulders, and my fingers play gently with his soft brown hair at the bottom of his neck.

He makes his way out of the infirmary quickly, and we get stopped by a high ranking warrior, holding a note, with a white face.

Concerned, I let myself out of Ansaldos arms.

"Alpha, Luna, this came for you." He hands over the white envelope, and what is written in dark black ink, has me go pale.

"Thank you, Jeremiah. You can go back to your duties." Ansaldo dismisses the black haired man, and he nods to us with respect before turning to leave.

"Sal, what does this mean?" I can't take my eyes off the neat writing.

"Probably something that endangers this pack." He grimly replies.

Because what was written in the dark black, neat writing, was 'To Alpha and Luna Moretti, From Elizabeth.'