Chapter 15

Two weeks have passed since the lake.

Moretti and I were making progress in our relationship. We both seemed very careful of each other, afraid to hurt the other person.

We both were getting to know each other very well, actually. But we both decided we want our wolves to know each other, and that we should go on a date.

"Turn around." I playfully hit Moretti's arm.

He just rolled his eyes and turned around to give me privacy.

I stripped down and quickly shifted into my dark gray wolf. Vessel was really handsome, and no one could deny it.

I let Vessel take full control and went into the back of his mind.

I saw a very light gray wolf, almost white. He was decorated with battle scars and dark brown, almost black, eyes.

Vessel pranced happily around Moretti's wolf, while he just sat down, looking at his mate.

It was no doubt that our wolves had accepted each other. Which was, finally, some good news during these past four weeks.

'I know you can't talk back to me quite yet, but hopefully I'll learn your name soon.' Moretti's wolf mind linked.

Vessel stopped prancing around the light gray wolf and stopped in front of his huge figure.

Honestly, vessel looked like a puppy compared to Moretti, he was that huge.

'My name is Quilo. I'm open about my name, unlike my human. In which who I apologize for.' The huge wolf, now with the name Quilo, continued.

Quilos voice was soothing. Not necessarily a rough or an intimidating sound. But it seems that he will be able to chance his voice to exactly that when it needs to be.

Vessel reached up and touched noses with him, which was a sign of acceptance and happiness.

'Isn't he perfect, Liam?' Vessel mindlinked me.

'Sure.' Was all I said back.

Vessel ran around Quilo, and then took off into the forest.

Vessel is great at running. He absolutely loves it. Sure, he's definitely not the fastest, but that's okay.

Vessel turned his head and saw Quilo catch up to his side. I'm not sure if this was intended to be a race, because it wasn't playing out like one. It was just running side by side.

And in that moment, everything was perfect for the two.

———

"Moretti, I swear, if you don't get your hands off of my eyes right now, I will shank you." I jokingly threaten

Moretti currently is covering my eyes with his hands as he leads me to our 'surprise' date.

I could practically feel him just rolling his eyes and huffing. He tends to do that a lot. "You won't shank me after you see what I planned."

I snorted. "Well then it better be good."

"It will be." He tells me.

He leads me a few more steps in a random direction, and then stops me.

He pulls his hands away from my eyes, and I gasp.

We're at the gazebo place by the lake. Some lights were loosely hung, and a table with dinner was placed in the middle.

"Is it good enough for you not to shank me?" Moretti whispers in my ear.

A shiver runs down my spine before I turn around to look at him.

"It's perfect." I lightly say.

Then he smiles. He actually smiles.

"Oh my goddess, that's impossible." I gasp.

"What?" He still smiles.

"You smiling. Not a tiny, half assed smile, but a real smile." I tease.

Moretti just rolls his eyes, and places a small kiss on my lips. "Would you like to eat dinner?" He asks.

I nod, and he takes my hand and leads me to the table. He pulls out a chair for me and I sit down, before he goes and does the same on the opposite side.

"What's for dinner?" I ask curiously.

He pulls off the silver plate covers for the both of us to reveal really delicious looking, and most likely tasting, fettuccine Alfredo.

"It's one of my favorite meals. I've been making it for a long time." Moretti tells me.

I pick up my fork and take a bite. I try not to let my jaw drop at how good the taste is.

I barely resist letting out a moan. "Oh my goddess, Moretti. This is the best pasta I've ever tried. And my dads pasta is pretty darn good." I compliment, before I take another bite.

Moretti is also digging into his food. "I guess me and your father will have to have a competition." He shrugs.

The thought of Moretti meeting my family never crossed my mind. I'm not sure if we were even to that stage yet in...whatever relationship this was.

'It's a full relationship, Liam. Don't deny it.' Vessel groaned at my denial.

'But is it? I'm giving him time to prove himself.' I fire back.

'Yes, it is. You like him, but you're too stubborn to admit it.'

'Goddess, I am not stubborn!' I growl, and block out Vessel.

Moretti must've sensed my discomfort. "I apologize, I didn't mean to rush anything. I feel horrible for how I've treated you in the beginning, so I hope I can slowly make it up to you." He assures me.

I nod and take another bite. I'm about to say something to change the topic after I finish, but I narrow my eyes at something behind Moretti.

A twig snaps, and the cloaked figure I saw a few weeks ago stepped out.

Moretti turned around at the noise, and he stood up when he saw her.

"Elizabeth. What are you doing here?" He practically threatens.

This figure, who now has a name, pulled off her hood. Curly dark brown hair that reached a tiny bit past her shoulders. Bangs framed her face, and her unusual light brown eyes examined the scene in front of her.

"I came to say hello." She simply said, her voice sounding very mature.

But as mature as she sounded, I couldn't help but to have a bad feeling about her.

"You need to leave." Moretti crosses his arms in front of his chest.

"I came to talk. Alone." Her eyes flicker over to me.

I stand up from my chair, but I don't make an attempt to move.

"I have nothing to say to you." He continues.

She looks back at Moretti. "But I do. And I recommend your mate leaves, before he knows things you are not ready to tell him." She takes a step closer to us.

Moretti turns around with remorseful eyes.

"Li-" he begins.

I scoff. "I thought you were actually trying." I move from where I was just sitting.

"Do you know your way back home?" He calls after me.

"Yes, I know the way to your pack house." I snap.

"Liam-" he starts.

"Whatever Moretti. Don't worry about me." I walk away quickly from the lake, holding back tears.

Before I walked out of earshot range, I think I heard a part of something that has been running through my mind for days.

"Alpha A-" Elizabeth began, but quieted down as I walked further away.

I shook it off and didn't think too much of it as I walked back to the pack house.