Chapter 25

Summer was way over by now and school was back in session. In fact, you were already a few months into the year already in December. It was going great so far and you still saw the guys and Junie everyday. Whenever you see Jimin, however, you keep thinking about what your mom said about picking him. For now, though, you try to focus on your studies instead of boys. The smell of ramyun filled your apartment as you were eating it and studying for a test you have tomorrow. You were finishing up your thoughts as there was a knock on your door. You stretched and walked to open the door. 

"Oh, annyeong Yongguk-ssi." 

"Annyeong. This letter for you was in my mailbox. Looks like it's from your school. Must've been put there by mistake." Your neighbor said, handing you an envelope 

"Oh, sorry about that. Gomawo." You slightly bowed and went back inside to open the letter. 

"(Y/n), congratulations, you've been hand-selected by the administrators here at Seoul National University to take park in our study abroad program. This has been a tradition of ours since 1950 that we would like to keep alive. This year, you and the other selected students have the opportunity to travel to and study in Germany for the second semester of this school year, 2014-2015. This isn't a required program so it's your choice. We highly recommend you to take this opportunity because it will expand your view of the world and allow you to experience new cultures in the art of education. If you are interested, please sign up in our administration office by December 30th, 2014. If you do not wish to participate this year, because you were selected once, there is a great chance that you will be selected again next year to travel to a different country, so you will not completely miss out on this opportunity. Further information will be given after you sign up. Thank you." You blinked a couple times trying to comprehend what you just read. 

"Study abroad? I wonder if anyone I know got this letter." You decided to wait until tomorrow to ask anyone. 

*** 

"Annyeong." You greeted everyone as you showed up to school together. They all returned the greeting. "Hey, did anyone else get a study abroad letter yesterday?" You asked. 

"Oh, Jimin did." Jin said. 

"Really?" You asked. 

"Yeah. Why, did you get one?" Jimin asked you. 

"Yeah. Are you going?" Jimin shrugged. 

"I don't know. It sounds like a lot of fun, so maybe. Are you going?" 

"I don't know either." As they lot of you walked into the building, Taehyung pulled you back. 

"Don't go." He said. 

"Why not?" 

"Because. You'll be there with Jimin, and I'll miss you too much." 

"Taehyung-ah, I don't even know if I'm going to go or not." 

"Well don't." He started walking back into the school. For some reason, that irritated you. 

"Yah, don't tell me not to go or not." You said. He turned around. 

"What? I not, I'm just saying-" 

"No, you are. Maybe I want to go. You can't make me stay." To avoid an argument, Taehyung surrendered. 

"Fine, do what you want. I don't care then." He turned and continued walking. That made you a little upset that he didn't at least put up a fight. Honestly, you wanted to stay because you didn't want to leave Taehyung, but you want to go because of Jimin, if he goes. You just sighed and went to class. Days and days have passed and it's getting closer to the sign-up deadline and you are still torn on whether to go study abroad or not. You collapsed on your bed but too soon because someone was knocking. You got up to answer it and in walked Jimin and Taehyung. 

"Yah, what are you doing here so late?" You asked. They ignored your question and turned to face you. 

"(Y/n), we're tired of waiting." Taehyung said. 

"Huh? For what?" You asked, confused. 

"For you." Jimin said. You shook your head slowly. 

"I don't-" Taehyung sighed. 

"For you to pick one of us pabo. We're tired of waiting. We want you to pick one of us already. Do you know who?" You paused. 

"No, sorry." You said quietly. 

"We figured that, so we have an idea that will force you to make a decision." 

"And what is that?" 

"The study abroad trip." Jimin said. 

"If you want to be with me, stay here. If you want to be with Jimin, meet him at the airport on the day of departure." Taehyung finished. 

"What? Are you crazy? I don't have that much time!" 

"But you've known us for a long time already. If you haven't made a decision by now, you're the crazy one." You scoffed. 

"I'm not crazy." You mumbled. 

"Have you sighed up yet?" You shook your head. 

"Good, think about it. Goodnight (y/n)." Once they left, their words sunk in. 

"They expect me to make at decision already? I only have a few days!" 

***

You couldn't count how many times times you walked passed the administration office on the last day of sign ups. You even walked into the office then back out a couple times. Junie didn't help you at all. She wanted you to make the decision for yourself. So you did. Taking a deep breath you walked into the office heading straight for the sign-up sheet. You scanned the names already on the list and found Jimins. You smiled slightly and picked up the pen.