Chapter II Jaxson

"Hey Jax time for school!" I heard my mother scream from downstairs. The kitchen was packed to the brim with people. I considered them all family even though we aren't related. And they do each other as well. It was mutual.

I rolled my eyes.

Time for school I guess.

I was starting freshman year off at Oakridge High School. I was hoping that high school wouldn't be as bad as middle school. Which was Redwood.

"Yes mother. I'm going." I said softly as I started walking out the door not before hearing a bunch of goodbyes. Making me turn around, force a believeable smile and wave back before heading out once more.

I was almost to the school. Yeah I walked ten miles. It was the closest school to me.

Even with seventy two members in my family I was the only one going to Oakridge. The rest of the teens my age, fifteen, went to Emerson high school. Which was only two miles away. At least over there I wouldn't get bullied.

Yeah ever since my dad made me start going to a different school I started getting bullied. Mentally. It started in seventh grade when I made the basketball team. I made the team and made the starting line up playing the center position.

I played a lot back home so I was really good and a lot more fit and muscular then the guys they had.

I kicked a guy named Andres Morris from his regular spot and apparently he didn't like it.

Bad mistake on my part. He was the most popular kid in the school and here I am a new kid. Coming out of nowhere making the regular spot. The new kid who knew no one.

I didn't get to make any friends before he practically made me quit. He and the other boys on the team teased me about my clothes. They also said they saw me walking to school. That I had gone to this one, which was eight miles away, because I was too poor to own a car or that the other schools kicked me out because they didn't want me.

No I didn't tell my dad or anyone that any of this was happening. But three days into the school year of seventh grade I met two girls. Brynlee Adams and Valerie Weston.

They had found me crying softly in one of the corridors by myself. It was lunch time so I hadn't thought that anyone would have found me.

I cried into Brynlee's shoulder and she just held me there till I was ok enough. I had told them that I had been bullied by the basketball team into quitting. I figured they were there for me so they deserved an answer.

I had learned that they were best friends and belonged to no clique. They offered me a hand up which I gladly took. Each one of them held me hand as I shyly walked in between them. I felt happy and sheltered again. I figured they will make my time here bareable.

Later on in the school year they had found out that I was gay before I even knew myself. I guess you could say a girls intuition because I still don't believe them. They said they could tell by the way my eyes looked towards other people.

Yeah I guess there was a few guys I found attractive but it was only slightly. I didn't even tell them. They figured it out themselves.

Anyways it's freshmen year at Oakridge and I'm thankful that Brynlee and Valerie went to Oakridge too.

I had finally got to school by 7:50. Class started at 8 am. I have to leave my house at 5 am to make it to school on time.

"Hey Jax. How was your summer?" Valerie asked popping up next to me.

"Hey Val. It was as normal as it could get. Nothing new happening except me getting taller." I said seriously as we walked to our lockers.

Brynlee always met up with us at our lockers. True to her word, she was there getting her books out.