No Regrets (YoonMin) Jimin & Suga

Basically, it’s based around Yoongi’s song during Weekly Idol. So, if you’ve watched it or heard about it, you’ll get the plot.

_______________________________________________________________________

Yoongi was able to hide emotions fairly well, being such a reserved and quiet person the task was always easy for him. His face could become nothing but a blank slate in only seconds, completely and utterly unreadable by everyone around him. But even Jimin could clearly notice the falter in Yoongi’s mask when his composed song was stopped and laughter bubbled around the room. Only mere seconds of any type of emotion splayed across Yoongi’s face before it clouded over with nothingness, and once again he’d become unreadable.

Yoongi was the first member to leave the set after the filming for the said variety show was over. Fists tightened by his side with his eyes shielded with a snapback, he moved soundlessly down the brightly lit hallway until he reached the exit that led outside. It was already getting dark, and dozens of rain clouds bunched together to dim the sun’s remaining light. Yoongi stood by the doorway for a moment to recollect his thoughts and shove any type of feeling down before he made his way for the awaiting van parked a few meters away.

Jimin bowed his goodbye to the staff that wandered here and there, keeping a close eye on whatever direction Yoongi had taken. Without another word to the other members, he slipped away from the mild chatter arising between the others and followed the path he was sure Yoongi had taken.

Jimin found him, standing by the exiting doors with his head buried in his shaking fingers. The latter could feel his chest constrict at the sight, knowing all too well that Yoongi was taking a moment to beat himself up for god knows what. The young one took a daring step forward, watching as Yoongi dropped his hands and pushed the creaking door open.

“Hyung, wait,” Jimin called just as Yoongi took a single step outside. The rapper paused and turned his head to meet Jimin’s gaze, watching as the singer advanced toward him in a few simple strides.

“Shouldn’t you be back with the others?”

Jimin stepped out into the cool spring air and closed the door behind him, allowing him and the elder to be alone. It was dim outside, and a few raindrops dared to fall from the heavens. Other than the chirps from birds flying above and the steady hum of traffic in the distance, everything was silent and calming, and Yoongi took it upon himself to rid the lump rising in his throat as Jimin stood quietly beside him.

The younger sighed, looking over at Yoongi for a moment before averting his eyes to a tree filled with white blossoms ahead. “You’re song was great, hyung.”

He got nothing in response.

“It must have taken hours to come up with a beat like that, huh? It sounded like you worked very hard.”

Yoongi snorted, scratching his nose with the back of his hand as he shifted his weight. “Jimin, stop. I don’t need your bullshit right now.”

Jimin turned toward the latter, arms wrapping around himself tightly to ward of the bitter breeze spiraling around them. He could see just a glimpse of hurt in Yoongi’s eyes before everything was once again shielded and blank. “Hyung, they didn’t mean what they said. It’s a comedy show. It’s their job to make fun of you.”

Yoongi pulled his cap off his head, running an angry hand through his dark hair as he took a few short steps away from Jimim. His blank face facade was slowly crumbling. “The song was shit, Jimin. I never should have let them play it.”

Jimin blinked, staring with his jaw slack as Yoongi turned his back toward him and kicked at the gravel underneath his shoes. The hum of traffic seemed to drone out, leaving nothing but silence to enter two boys’ mind.

Min Yoongi was regretting his own music.

Jimin’s jaw snapped closed as he took a brave step forward, hand curling around Yoongi’s shoulder and pulling him back. “You have worked so damn hard to get where you are today, Yoongi.” Jimin was even gathering up the courage to drop formalities. “Are you going to let some forty year olds’ with bad hair jobs ruin a song you worked hard to make?”

Yoongi blinked, eyes wide as he watched Jimin jab roughly at his chest.

“I never want to hear you say you regret something you’ve worked hard for.” Jimin took a step back, crossing his arms over his chest. “Who cares if they didn’t like the damn song? I liked the song, and that’s all that matters.”

And then, Jimin turned his body away with a soft huff and let the air around them fill with silence once more. The sound of traffic buzzed, along with the scattered noises of birds and small animals echoing against the rain clouds.

Jimin’s face was burning; he’d never spoken to Yoongi like that before.

He thought about turning back to face the elder and apologize for dropping formalities with him, but before he could even move, the sound of Yoongi’s feet shuffling against the pavement alerted his ears.

He felt strong, unsure arms wrap around him from behind, making his body freeze under the touch.

And then, as soon as it happened, Yoongi loosened his grip and stepped back a few feet too far. “Thanks, Jishit,” Yoongi muttered, and all Jimin could do was stand there and smile at the ground like a complete idiot.

“No problem, hyung,” he said, cheeks aching from the impossible grin on his face.

“You tell anyone about this, and I’ll fucking end you,” was all Yoongi said before making his way to the awaiting van idling against the cool parking lot ground.