Blind (Maria Hill)

Request: Could you do one where Reader is blind and is married to Maria.

Three years ago, you proposed to Maria and she said yes. Soon, both of you moved into an apartment together. You knew all about her work at S.H.I.E.L.D. While she was off doing agent work as you called it, you were a vet. A skilled one. Every night after your work ended, You and Maria would go for dinner together. But that all changed. One night, you had to stayback at the clinic and you told Maria to head home first. By the time you left your workplace, it was late at night. You were walking home when someone ran up to you and tried to snatch your purse. You tugged it back of course but not without the person slashing at you eyes with a knife. The person ran off and left you bleeding. Not Long, another person noticed you and brought you to the hospital. When you woke up, you couldn't see anything and started to panic. Then you heard Maria's voice. She explained that you had lost your sight. That night you cried into her arms. After you were discharged from the hospital, there were some adjustments to be made. Which included you losing your job. You hated it. And that lead to you being scared that Maria was going to leave you one day.

Maria: "Honey, I'm home."

You stayed silent. Maria noticed you quietly sitting on the couch and walked over.

Maria: "Honey?"

When she looked at you, she was startled.

Maria: "Honey, why are you crying?"

You looked at her and started to scream hysterically.

"BECAUSE I'M USELESS. I'M JUST A USELESS BLIND PERSON. IF I HAD BEEN MORE CAREFUL, WE WOULD BE IN THIS STATE. I HATE ALL THE ADJUSTMENTS THAT HAS BEEN MADE. I MADE US CHANGE OUR WHOLE LIFE, OUR WHOLE FUTURE. AND ONE DAY YOU ARE GOING TO LEAVE ME BECAUSE I'M WORTHLESS."

Maria: "Who said I'm going to leave you?"

You: "You will eventually."

Maria: "(Y/N), I married you because to me you are the most beautiful, kind, caring, generous and cheerful person. It doesn't matter if you are blind or not, I will still love you. I promise that I will never ever leave you."

Maria gave you a kiss on your forehead.

You: "Promise?"

Maria: "Promise."