Insecurities (Maria Hill)

Request: Could you do a Maria Hill x Reader where Maria and R are in a stable relationship until R meets Emma Frost, who points out R's insecurities about their relationship in an attempt to get R for herself. Somehow, Emma gets in R's head and R slowly withdraws from the relationship and spends more time with Emma (*cough* slight telepathy use *cough). But then Maria notices and asks what the hell is going on. R then confesses and Maria softly, and sweetly, reassures R that everything is fine and that she loves R no matter what (and also makes a snide remark about wacking Emma with a slapstick).

Sorry for the late upload, I actually got this request 2 days ago😓. Yeet anyway, I actually have no idea who Emma Frost was so research was included :3 I think i somewhat understand her character but like damn. I am seriously starting to wonder whether it's like a thing for mutants to have such messed up life. There are a lot of examples to choose from and like wow. Also no hate if I get this wrong :) Enjoy!

"Hey babe?"

Maria: "Yea?"

You laid sprawled out on the bed while Maria changing into her work clothes.

You: "Can you not go to work today?"

Maria: *laughs* "If I could, I wouldn't but unlike you I do not have the liberty to not attend work as I wish."

You: *mock gasp* "Are you insulting my Avenger status?"

Maria: *rolls eyes* "Find someone to spend the day with, I'll be back after work."

You: "Fine, I'll disturb Natasha. At least, you will never her the ends of her complains." *childishly sticks out tongue*

Maria: *walks over* *kisses your cheek* "I got to go."

You: "I love you."

Maria: "I love you too."

You: *smiles* "Go scare some agents."

Maris: *laughs* "That's always on my to-do list."

After Maria left, you stayed in the same position and would have fallen asleep again if not for the text.

Frosty: Hey, you free to hang today?

You reached out for your phone and answered the message.

You: Yea, Maria just left her work.😭

Frosty: Wanna meet me at the cafe?

You: Sure, give me some time.

Frosty: I'll wait 😏

You: Don't tell me you're already there

Frosty: I won't spill no secrets

You: Emma!

You tossed your phone aside and got up to change.

Timeskip...

"I still can't believe you."

You sat down in front of Emma, who already had your favourite drink ordered, in front of you.

Emma: "I was just a little early."

You: "Early? You were here even before I was ready."

Emma: "I knew."

You: "Of course you did."

Emma: "Anyway, where's Hill?"

You: "Maria, she left for work. Unfortunately, unlike me she can't leave work."

Emma: "Aren't you worried?"

You: "About?"

Emma: "She spends so much time at work with so many other people..."