💭 | three

"Jeno I like you."

"What?"

"I said I like you. Not just as a friend... I like you more than that. I like you as you."

"Yah Nana... is this another prank?"

"..."

"O-oh... it's not."

"U-uhm... Nana... I'm glad you opened up about your feelings towards me. I know you gathered up all the courage you have just to tell me this. You did great. I'm proud of you..."

"...but I'm sorry Nana... I don't feel the same. We're great bestfriends, I don't want to ruin that. And besides..."

"We're both guys Jaemin."

Jeno doesn't know what's happening anymore.

It's been two months since Jaemin, his bestfriend for 7 years, suddenly confessed to him behind the stadium right after their highschool graduation.

The brunet asked him to meet there as he has something important to tell the older.

And right there and then, Jaemin voiced out his true feelings towards the blond boy. He likes Jeno. He likes the older more than just a friend, more than just a brother. He likes Jeno romantically.

The blond is aware that his bestfriend's gender orientation is different from him (they've been together for 7 years and counting after all), but he didn't expect that of all people, the younger will develop romantic feelings towards him.

He felt flustered, nervous, happy, yet confused. He felt mixed emotions. Anxiety filled his nerves. He doesn't want to lose Jaemin but he doesn't want to hurt him too.

So he did what he knew is the right thing to do.

He rejected him in the nicest way he could and keep their friendship safe.

But he's sort of regretting it now.

"O-oh is that so?"

"I'm really sorry Jaemin."

"It's okay. You don't have to feel guilty. I just want you to know about my feelings. You have no responsibility and I don't want to force you either to like me back."

"..."

"Anyway... my application for Seoul National University got approved. I just thought I must tell you that too."

"W-what?! How about NCT University? You said we'll go there together."

"..."

"So you mean... you'll move to Seoul and stay there?"

"Yes."

Jaemin left Busan a month ago and headed to Seoul for college. It's been a slight dramatic goodbye even though Jeno knows he can visit his bestfriend whenever he has free time. But he still misses Jaemin. From then till now.

He's used of hanging out with the brunet 24/7 to the point that he wouldn't go home anymore most of the time. He'd rather stay with the younger during weekends and do sleepovers during weekdays.

His parents are not complaining though since both parties are pretty close.

Now that Jaemin is gone, he felt so empty.

He misses their pillow fights, nonsense talks, corny jokes and bedtime cuddles. He misses Jaemin's weird yet contagious laugh, his snorts, the way he scrunches his nose (which he adapted from Jeno), his pretty smile, cute acts and his deep yet soul healing honey voice. In short, he's missing everything about Jaemin.

He wish he could turn back time when the younger was still with him, laughing with him, doing mukbang with him untill they both got bloated. Playing video games with him. He wish he could go back to the time when they are just both happy and satisfied eating lunch at the school's rooftop, drawing doodles at the back page of their notebooks, skipping their boring last subject just to play and ride bikes on the riverside.

Jeno sighed as he stared at the two letters on his hand, addressed to him and Jaemin from NCT University. They both got accepted.

Yet Jaemin chose to study in Seoul, far away from him. Leaving him alone in Busan with their childhood memories for the next ten years.

He doesn't know exactly why Jaemin suddenly chose to go to Seoul National University but he has this feeling that the younger's confession somewhat has a connection with it.