💭 | eight

"Hey Jeno." The ash gray-haired male called the younger while putting his apron.

Jeno sluggishly looked at him with a slight pout. His shift on the coffee shop already ended and he's now about to head home. But his conversation with Jaemin made his energy drop, especially when his beloved bestfriend started talking about his new 'friend'.

It's not that he doesn't want Jaemin to have new friends. It just the excitement on Jaemin's story makes him jealous. The brunet seems enjoying that Renjun guy's company.

And thinking that he isn't the reason of Jaemin's happiness is making him pissed and hurt at the same time.

He isn't like that before. It's fine with him whenever Jaemin is having new friends that's why they met Donghyuck and Mark.

So what's wrong if Jaemin got a new friend again?

Simple.

Because their situation now is different.

Jaemin is far from him now.

Jaemin is making new happy memories with new friends.

His Nana is having fun without him.

"Yah are you okay?" Again the ash gray-haired asked as he put his hand on Jeno's shoulder that made the latter flinch.

"W-what? ahh... yes i'm fine Jungwoo hyung." Jeno answered with a little nod and his cute eyesmile.

"Sure? you seemed preoccupied." Jungwoo said with a frown, slightly worrying for the younger.

"Yeah. I'm sure. Don't worry too much hyung." Jeno assured him then stood up.

"Well then i'll leave you here now." Jungwoo finally surrendered and sighed.

"Okay." Jeno agreed then followed the older with look as he stepped out of the employee's room.

The blond heaved a deep sigh when he's alone again.

He told Doyoung everything that's happening between him and Jaemin. Start from the brunet's confession two months ago to their current situation now. Of how Jaemin barely talks to him even though he's online. Of how he felt like Jaemin is slowly moving away from him. As in everything.

He told the older that he's feeling down about it. He knows he should be happy for the brunet but he can't understand why he's acting like that.

That's why they ended up with Doyoung offering Jeno a part time job in his coffee shop just to make the blond male distracted from thinking about Jaemin too much and at the same time to earn extra money for college even though he really doesn't have to.

Jeno turned his phone's screen on one last time, staring at his lockscreen which is his picture with Jaemin. Both of them flashing their own unique smiles yet both beautiful.

"I love you too Nana. Please don't go away from me."

Soon the screen turned off and that is the time for Jeno to leave the employee's room, putting his phone on his pants' pocket and shoving his backpack on his shoulder.

•● tbc ●•