💭 | sixty four

10 years later...

Ten years had passed just like the train in the subway station.

It's been a long time but it feels like everything happened just yesterday.

Jeno, Mark, and Donghyuck graduated college six years ago as music majors and are now currently in partnership, running a small music and dance studio in Busan. They are training not only aspiring teenagers but also kids and adults to enhance and discover their talents such as singing, dancing, rapping and playing their favorite instruments.

Renjun also graduated a year after the three males and is now a professional photographer with his own little photo gallery located at the center of the big city of Seoul.

But Jaemin will admit, ten years didn't go that smooth and easy for him and his friends, especially with his relationship with Jeno.

They'd been through ups and downs, highs and lows, they had lots of quarrels and misunderstandings to the point that it brought them to uncountable cool offs. They experienced a few break ups too. It is when Jaemin got too busy with his study and Jeno is badly longing for his attention. It is when a random girl suddenly called Jaemin during his midterm exam, telling him a fake news that she's pregnant and Jeno is the father. It is also when they both felt like their long distance relationship is no longer working out.

But their strong love and affection for each other and their very supportive friends always bind them together over and over again. They always feel empty whenever one of them won't be able to call the other. They always feel lonely whenever they missed a day seeing each other even via video call. They are just inseparable that you can already think that they are really destined for each other, like soulmates.

And now is Jaemin's most awaited day so far. It is his graduation. After ten years of hardwork, he finally fulfilled his childhood dream. He'll finally become a surgeon. And he is more than happy because he'll march on the stage with the highest honor.

But he thinks this day won't go well like what he's expecting.

It's been hours, and the graduation ceremony will start in thirty minutes yet no Lee Jeno is appearing in front of him.

Jeno promised to attend his graduation and Jaemin threatened him that he'll be really mad if he didn't come but still, he's not there yet. He already spammed the older with lots of angry messages, missed calls and voice messages, asking where he is, but none of it was answered.

"Mom did Jeno already contact you?" Jaemin asked his mom in slight annoyance.

All of his friends are already here and Donghyuck said Jeno left Busan an hour earlier than them so why isn't he here yet?

"No sweetie. Maybe he just got into a heavy traffic. Just relax and wait for him." Mrs. Na said as she caressed her son's cheek lovingly.

"But Donghyuck and the other guys are already here! Jeno left an hour ahead of them!" Jaemin huffed.

"Jaem... auntie is right. Maybe Jeno just dropped by somewhere and got into a heavy traffic. Just keep calm." Donghyuck said while caressing his back.

"H-he didn't get into an accident, did he?" Mark asked that made Jaemin look at him in mixed shock and worry.

"Idiot! Don't say that! You're stressing Jaemin! Jeno is safe and is already on his way here!" Donghyuck scolded as he spanked his boyfriend's head. "Don't listen to him Jaemibear~"

"I'm just asking." Mark pouted while caressing the back of his head.

"Just shut your mouth! That will be a big help." Donghyuck glared at Mark.