💭 | thirty one

Incoming call...
🌞 Sunshine 🌞

Jaemin paused doing his homework when his phone suddenly lit up flashing Donghyuck's caller id. He knows exactly the purpose of his call. He's 100% sure it is about his post three days ago.

Donghyuck kept on texting and chatting him, asking if he's okay but he chose not to answer it.

He himself doesn't know if he's okay. He feels so sad yet numb at the same time. He's already getting frustrated with Jeno. He doesn't know what has gotten into the older for him to act like that. They were in good terms when he sent him off to the subway station. Then after that, he doesn't know anymore.

The brunet stared at his phone for a while then decided to pick it up, heaving a deep sigh before sliding the answer button.

"Hyuckie~" Jaemin tried his best to make his voice sound cheerful, hoping that it will make the older think that he's fine.

"Yah Na Jaemin! Why aren't you answering my chats and texts?! Are you avoiding me or something?! I'm worrying so much about you, you know!" Donghyuck ranted that made the younger move his phone away from his ear for a while before slowly placing it back near his ear.

"Sorry Hyuckie... i've just been so busy lately." Jaemin reasoned out but he soon realized that it is a lame excuse.

"It's just the third day of school Jaemin. Don't try to fool me." Donghyuck broke the brunet's weak lies yet Jaemin didn't respond. "Hey Jaem... is everything alright?"

Still no response.

Jaemin doesn't know if he should tell Donghyuck everything running in his mind. Well, he's one of his bestfriends after all.

The younger heaved a deep sigh as he decided to tell his bestfriend about it.

"No." The brunet said as he leaned his back on his swivel chair.

"Is it about Jeno?" Donghyuck said that made Jaemin froze.

"Sort of." Jaemin shortly answered.

"I know you like him." Base on the older's voice, Jaemin can sense that he already knew about it for a long time.

Jaemin blushed a bit because of embarrassment.

"A-am I that obvious?" The younger asked, his heart is thumping loud.

The boy on the other line just chuckled.

"May I remind you, we're bestfriends Na Jaemin-ssi just in case you forgot, and we're seatmates for freakin' four years in highschool! Jeez!"

"I know that." Jaemin chuckled too.

"But don't worry... only the closest people to you could see it. You're doing a great job in hiding your true self. Girls are still drooling over you, not knowing that the school's heartthrob likes a heartthrob too." Donghyuck laughed and so did Jaemin.

He's so lucky to have friends who can make him happy whenever he's sad.

"Silly." Jaemin shook his head while grinning wide even though he knows his bestfriend can't see him.

"So back to the topic. Is it because of him?" Donghyuck's voice suddenly turned serious that made Jaemin's smile drop in an instant.

"Maybe." The brunet answered breathily.

"What's happening between the two of you? Did you fight?" The older's sweet yet concerned voice makes Jaemin want to cry but he held himself.

They'll still have a lot to talk about and he doesn't want to cry beforehand.

"N-no. The last time I remembered, we're in good terms. B-but after I sent him off to the subway station... I... I-I don't know anymore. At first he replied to my chats but the next day until now, h-he didn't. I-I don't know if he's avoiding me or what. I only just thinks that he's busy that's why he's not answering me." Jaemin looked up and blinked a few times to stop the tears that are on the verge of falling.

It just hurts so much. His heart is in an unexplainable pain. He just can't understand why Jeno is doing this kind of stuffs to him.

He knows to himself that he didn't do anything wrong. He just confessed to him but he didn't force Jeno to like him back. It was as clear as the water on the river. But still, why?

Is it because of the kiss?

Didn't Jeno like it?

Did he find it gross?

'Maybe. He's straight after all.'

But he initiated it!

He's the one who kissed Jaemin!

And Jaemin felt that Jeno liked it too.

"Well yeah... i think he's busy these days." Donghyuck agreed but Jaemin find it strange. It feels like there's something on the older's tone. He can't clearly distinguish if it is bitterness, anger or what. But he's sure that it is unpleasant. "Jaem can I ask you something?"

"Go on." Jaemin said, all ears to what Donghyuck is about to say.

"Does Jeno knows you like him?"

The young brunet paused for a while, the scene of his confession a few months ago flashed in his mind again, bringing back the gloom in his eyes.

"Yes. I confessed to him after our graduation..." Jaemin sighed. "...but he rejected me."

Silence reigned between the two boys for like a minute or two before Donghyuck decided to break it.

"I-I'm sorry Jaem." Donghyuck's voice obviously shows sympathy but Jaemin didn't mind it.

"It's okay Hyuckie. I cleared to him that he doesn't need to feel guilty and I won't force him to like me back. I just feel the must to tell him about my feelings." Jaemin faked a smile.

He knows to himself that he's lying. He knows to himself that he's somehow hoping that Jeno will also like him back but he's aware that it is impossible to happen. That's why he's hurt and frustrated now.

He doesn't know how to remove his feelings for the raven within a short period of time. He doesn't know how exactly he will move on. He doesn't even know when and where to start.

Because as time goes by, his feelings for his bestfriend just grows stronger. Day by day, he's only longing for him more. Call him whipped but he can't help it. He can't think of anything or anyone but Jeno.

"But you're hurting now Jaem." Donghyuck's voice get the brunet out of his trance but he didn't speak. "Do you think he doesn't really like you?"

"I-I don't know." Jaemin stuttered. "B-but to be honest I am still somehow hoping that he'll eventually like me too."

"What keeps you holding on to that?" Donghyuck asked that made the younger sit up straight.

His mind is arguing again if he should tell Donghyuck about it or not but he decided that it's better to do the former. He took a deep breath then spilled the secret he needs to tell.

"We kissed..." Jaemin heard a small gasp from the other male but he chose to continue. "...and i'm pretty sure he liked it."