💭 | fifteen

One week had gone so quickly yet Jaemin's most awaited visit from his beloved bestfriend remained just a promise.

Jeno never chatted him nor sent him a short text message. He even didn't dare to call him even just once.

That brought him to the thinking that maybe Jeno is trying to avoid him.

But why?

Is it because of his confession?

But he already cleared to the older that it is fine and he doesn't have to feel guilty.

Jaemin didn't dare to initiate a chat with Jeno too because of two reasons: 1. He's shy 2. He's thinking that Jeno is busy. Well, he tried it once with a simple 'hi' but the older just left him on seen.

The young brunet got out of his trance when Renjun suddenly snatched the electric kettle from his hand. He looked at Renjun with a blank face then down to his almost overfilled coffee mug.

"Hey Jaemin are you okay?" Renjun worriedly asked as he put the electric kettle down on the counter.

"Yeah." Jaemin breathily answered while still staring at the coffee as if it is the most interesting thing he had ever seen.

He will probably just throw it on the sink later as he's sure it tastes bland, just like his love life.

"You seemed not." Renjun said as he looked at the coffee mug too while wiping his hand with the kitchen towel hanged on the refrigerator's door. "How can I leave you on that state? I'm afraid the house might burn without you knowing."

Renjun chuckled at his own joke but soon stopped and cleared his throat when he saw Jaemin didn't buy it.

"Yah Jaemin--"

"I'm okay Renjun. You don't have to worry about me and the house. I'll just eat outside. I guess." Jaemin said as he faked a smile but it failed to deceive the older.

"Jaemin, you know you can tell me what's wrong." Renjun seriously said but his voice is sort of comforting.

Jaemin wants to give in and tell the older how he's so upset with Jeno because he thinks he's breaking his promise but he knows it is too childish.

"I know Renjun... and i'm thankful for that. But seriously i'm fine. It's just nothing." Jaemin insisted.

Renjun wants the younger to speak and not bottle up his feelings, he's more than willing to listen and help yet the younger seems still not ready for it so he just let it slide.

He gave Jaemin a deep stare, trying to read what's on his mind but he failed. He just heaved a sigh before standing straight.

"Okay. I'll head off now. Remember, don't hesitate to call or text me when you need something." Renjun said as he walked towards the living room and get his bag.

"Yes mom." Jaemin said as he rolled his eyes.

"I'll be back tomorrow night!" Renjun chuckled before walking towards the door.

The wide smile on his face soon faded and was replaced with a confused frown when he opened the door.

"Uhh... Jaemin?" Renjun called while staring at the tall raven-haired boy with a cute crescent eyesmile standing right in front of him.