💭 | fifty four

"Let's be fake boyfriends."

"What?!"

"I said i'll be your fake boyfriend."

"Ehh? Why?"

"So that Jeno guy will realize what he just let go."

Jaemin sighed as he dropped his pen on his notebook that is neatly laid on his desk. He leaned his back on his seat and stared outside the window.

It's been a while since he and Yangyang started playing fake boyfriends.

They both agreed to do that a week after Jaemin discovered that his one and only love Jeno already has a girlfriend.

It hurts him so much that he can't focus in life anymore.

At first the brunet thought it was a dumb and childish idea but he still tried.

He's somehow still hoping that it might get some of Jeno's attention. Call him desperate but he really can't stop himself. He just love the raven so much.

"Hey Jaem are you alright?" Yangyang on his side said that made Jaemin look at him.

"No." Jaemin looked down on his notebook.

"What's bothering you?" Yangyang set his pen down and totally faced Jaemin.

It is currently four in the afternoon and they don't have classes anymore since their professor for the last subject had an emergency at home so they are now just waiting for the end of the class.

"It's..." Jaemin sighed again. "Our play. I think... we should stop it already."

"Why?" Yangyang frowned.

"It's not working. I'm just feeling guilty as it gets longer." Jaemin sadly said, the pain his heart is feeling can be visibly seen in his gloomy eyes. "I don't want to fool my friends anymore."

"But how about Jeno?"

Jaemin felt like his heart skipped a beat at the mention of the raven but it is soon filled with stinging pain again as he remembered him.

"Are you going to quit on him already?"

"Jeno is happy with his girlfriend now Yang. I can't do anything about it anymore." Jaemin sadly smiled while fidgeting on his pen. "I should be happy for him and just move on."

"But--" Yangyang's words was interrupted when the bell suddenly rang, indicating that it is already the end of their class and it is now time to go home.

Jaemin quickly fixed his things and shoved it all in his bag. He wore one strap of his backpack and stood up.

"Let's break up now. I don't love you anymore." Jaemin cheekily smirked as he winked at the younger before walking out of the room.

"H-hey! Wait! Let's go home together!" Yangyang yelled as he quickly gathered all his stuffs and ran after Jaemin.

They walked side by side at the wide green field of the University, talking about random stuffs until they reached the huge gate of their school.

"So... do you want me to help you with Renjun?" Jaemin asked with a grin as he looked at Yangyang.

"W-what?! W-why Renjun suddenly got d-dragged in here?" The younger stuttered, cheeks dusted with pink blush.

"Dimwit. It is so obvious that you like him." Jaemin chuckled and playfully punched Yangyang's arm.

"Shut up!" Yangyang lightly pushed Jaemin but the brunet just laughed more.