Benefits

*Remy's POV*

I pulled away slow and watched his facial expression to see if I just made the worst decision of my life or a good one. There was a small smile creeping on his face that he was trying desperately to keep small enough that I wouldn't notice the flush of his cheeks. I put my head back on his chest. "That sounds amazing," I told him. He hugged me tighter but stayed quiet. "Gelo!" I heard a guy call. We pulled away and I saw two taller black boys standing there. They looked out of breath and there hands were bruised and a bit bloody. They had a couple bruises as well but I can only imagine what Dashawn looks like. "It's done," he nodded, "He's sitting in the hallway by the elevator. He's not dead or out cold or nun but he's weak. I'd call the cops sooner than later," the taller one said. Gelo gave him a nod. "Thank you!" I called.
"Anytime you need us shawty, let Gelo know," the shorter one said, "We don't let women be treated like shit." I nodded and smiled at them. They got into the car that was parked behind Gelo's and drove off. Gelo was already on the phone with the 911 dispatcher. "Yeah there is someone in the hallway of my friends apartment either drunk or high and he's all beat up. He hit my friend in the jaw," Gelo said, "He was just yelling and trying to fight me and stuff and I took my friend out to the parking garage.....yah....okay thank you." He hung up the phone and put it in his pocket. "Done," he chuckled, "Plus I know he just smoked weed cause he sent me a video... They could call it a hallucination." I laughed a bit and nodded. "C'mon lets get out of here, go get a smoothie and go look at that apartment? Your lease is up right?"
"Two months ago," I laughed. We walked to his car and I got in the passenger seat. We pulled out of the parking lot and down the road some we saw two cop cars fly by us with their lights and sirens on. We looked at each other and started laughing.

We got our smoothies and headed to the apartment complex. Their apartments were really nice. Better than my one bedroom place. They were probably more pricey but they could work. We went in and talked to the desk lady and she had her manager take us up to look at the open ones. Gelo and I decided we liked the one bedroom, one bath, with a loft and balcony. It was about 400$ a month, only 50$ more than my last. Good. "I'll take it," I smiled. The guy smiled and we started filling out paper work. "You're right down the street now," he smiled at me, "You can come over whenever."
"I know," I smiled and kept filling it out. He kissed my temple and helped me a bit. I gave it to the manager and then we left. "You think he's gone?" I asked as we started to drive again.
"Easily," he chuckled. We got to my place and I looked over at him. "Thank you," I nodded, kissing his cheek gentle.
"I told you, from day one, I got you," He nodded, "I was always a little unsure with Dashawns girlfriends when he had one. He never kept them long. You were probably the longest. His lasts only stayed like maybe a month," he shrugged, "Glad you stayed longer. Would've never met you."
"I know," I smiled, "Met my best friend."
"Best friend huh?" He laughed, "What does this mean then?" He then kissed me again. My eyes fluttered shut and the feeling I craved came back. He pulled away and winked at me. "Maybe benefits?" I giggled.