Big Change

Okay so this scenario can go both ways so I'll put both since it's less confusing. OC and Crush are also dating or married.

One is OC leaves:

OC leaves for a vacation with their (friends or family) and it lasts a couple months, so they stay in touch with Crush over calls and text since Crush couldn't come due to work and such.
They can't FaceTime since Crush is an idiot and broke their camera, so FaceTiming and pictures weren't an option.
OC finally comes back, walking inside to see a huge change in Crush. (Or finds out a huge change).

Two is where Crush leaves:

Crush leaves for a vacation with their (friends or family) and it lasts a couple months, so they stay in touch with OC over calls and text since OC couldn't come due to work and such.
They can't FaceTime since Crush is an idiot and broke their camera, so FaceTiming and pictures weren't an option.
Crush finally comes back, walking inside to see a huge change in OC. (Or finds out a huge change).

This change can be whatever you want, but it has to be something extremely noticeable, a big change. It can't be something like, wears a necklace now, or wears glasses.
It should be something big. Like plastic surgery, illness, or a new roommate.

Also, if you can't think of something, you can use a scenario from my book.

Daddy/Mommy: they have a daddy/mommy kink and have decided to make it known.
Pet: they have a pet kink and have set everything up for it.
Chubby: this one would have to change a bit. A couple pound different wouldn't be a big change, so a large weight gain. Or you can do opposite and do a large weight loss.
7 Sins: they are infested by a sin and it's very
noticeable and basically controls them
Pampered: they decide to start pampering the other and have harm proofed the house.
Abusive: they start to abuse the other
Neglect: they don't pay attention to the other anymore
No One Else: they have become super protective

You can also have it so those scenarios are already present before they leave, and then something else happens, or you can have multiple things happen. You could have them all happen if you wanted.
I'll most likely do the same thing as you.
Just let me know what you're doing.