Chapter 8: Do You Trust Me?

Lisa checks her watch for the tenth time in eight minutes. 8:02.
She'd come to the Red Chili a whole half an hour early for what she told Jennie was for 'security purposes' but was really something she was too prideful to admit:

She was nervous.

Her! Lalisa Manoban! The same woman who didn't flinch with twenty rifles cocked and aimed for her head was nervous about a date! It seemed so juvenile and idiotic. She cursed herself internally for even feeling such a way. But if she were to be honest, Lisa had no idea how the hell these types of things were supposed to go. She never went on dates. Most of the time pretty women just kind of fell into her lap.

But Park Chaeyoung wasn't some ditzy dive bar twenty-something looking for a one night stand. She was a respected woman, a woman that needed to be charmed the proper way, and that required care and attention. After the whole Jennie situation and the escapade with she-who-must-not-be-named, Lisa knew she didn't have the capacity to handle any kind of romantic relationship. Love was a dangerous thing. It made you irrational, fearful. Lalisa Manoban was supposed to cause fear, not have it.

As she stands and waits outside of the restaurant, she reminds herself of her goal.

This isn't real. This is for the good of the business. If you can kill a man, you can go on one little date.

She cracks each finger of her left hand with her thumb, focusing on each segmented pop, until a limousine slowly pulls up in front of her.

Lisa adjusts the strap of her handbag nervously and smoothes out the bottom of her black dress. She straightens her spine, inhaling deeply as the driver comes around to open the door.

The air in Lisa's lungs seems to dissipate completely as Roseanne steps out, her brilliant blue dress flowing over her slender ivory legs like waves along a shore

The air in Lisa's lungs seems to dissipate completely as Roseanne steps out, her brilliant blue dress flowing over her slender ivory legs like waves along a shore. Her hair is pulled back slightly, enough to reveal her flawless complexion and slightly pink cheeks. Roseanne pushes a lock of hair behind her ear, and Lisa is frozen as their eyes meet each other's.

"Hi." Roseanne speaks meekly.

"Hi." Lisa is still staring at her, her mouth slightly open out of sheer shock and admiration. God she's so pretty.

"It's not too much is it?"

"No. Not at all. You look beautiful Miss Park." She quickly replies. The corners of Roseanne's lips tilt up into a shy smile. The older woman tries to hide her flushed cheeks by looking down at her shoes, but Lisa could've caught it from a mile away.
"Shall we?" Lisa suggests, extending an arm to the pink-haired goddess. She happily accepts, and they enter the restaurant together, smiling arm in arm.

The Red Chili's interior fits well to its name. Vibrant rouge walls with touches of black accents on the chairs and tables, as well as some gold embellished decor and paintings. The lighting is dim and cozy. It's probably the nicest Thai place in the city, and thankfully, the owners are family friends. Lisa greets one of them, Tommy, in her native tongue. As soon as the ladies are ushered to their table by the window and recite drink their orders, Roseanne gives Lisa a slight nudge with her foot.