Chapter 11: The City of Sound

[ i'm gonna be pretty busy the next few days and i won't be able to update for a lil bit so,

here is my gift to you,

a very lengthy, well deserved chapter

enjoy <3

-d                                                                          ]

"You just wait here okay? I'll be right back."

Roseanne nods quietly as Lisa goes off to use the ticket machine. The blonde had to abandon her car at the Red Chili, and calling Chaeyoung's drivers would definitely cause too much of a scene, so the two settled on taking the train to Seongbuk. Roseanne felt a bit queasy being out in public like this amid the hustle and bustle of city folk, but she just tried to remain calm, keeping her eyes fixed on the ground. The white Adidas Superstars Lisa leant to her were a bit busted and old, but she liked them. It reminded her of being a kid again, back when she didn't have to be so perfect and polished. Back when she could go out in public like this and not have to worry about people recognizing her.

Lisa returns, handing her one of the two tickets in her hands. "Here's that for youu..." She melodies. "We've got about 8 minutes before the train comes. Do you want anything from a vending machine or..?"

"No it's okay. I'm fine." She replies quickly.

"Okay then." Lisa smiles, sticking an arm out to the hooded girl. "Shall we?"

Roseanne happily loops her arm with the blonde's, and they both take the escalator up to the platform. Lisa made it a point to let Chaeyoung step on before her, gesturing dramatically for the older woman to go right ahead. Roseanne had to admit, for a stone cold criminal, Lisa could act quite the gentlewoman. Chaeyoung still had a reasonable level of worry about Lisa, but their conversation about her past whittled away some of the qualms she had about letting the blonde in. She knew Lisa was telling the truth. Unless you're a sociopath, you can't fake that kind of pain. It hurt her to see Lisa like that, treated so unfairly by her family and the person she cared about most. Lisa wasn't a bad person. Under that hard exterior was a kind, sweet, respectful soul. She just took a turn down the wrong path in life. It didn't mean she deserved to be heartbroken.

They reach the top and Lisa pulls Chaeyoung underneath a sign with a big number 8.
"Let's see..." Lisa checks her watch. "It's about 3o minutes from here to Seongbuk station, so when you go in, grab a seat as soon as you can."

"What about you?"

"I'll be right behind you. I just want to make sure you get a seat first." Lisa smiles.

Again it seems, Lisa saves her reputation with her overwhelming chivalry.

"It's gonna be a little cramped and you might get nervous people but just keep your head low and you should be okay. I'll be blocking their view of you anyway."

"Okay." Roseanne speaks softly, nodding. Lisa gives her arm a heartening squeeze, and Chaeyoung can't help but smile back at her.
Soon, the rattling sound of the train approaches. The accompanying wind startles Chaeyoung and she yelps a little, clinging instinctively onto Lisa's arm.

Lisa lets out a light giggle. "You act like you've never been on a train before."

I haven't. Roseanne thinks to herself.

As the train comes to a stop, the car doors slide open and Chaeyoung follows as Lisa instructed, searching for the nearest open seat. She finds one inbetween two sleepy-looking eommas and plops herself down. There's a moment of uncertainty as she sits, her heart thudding in her chest, fearing the absolute worst. She stares at her hands in her lap, trying to rub the clamminess away onto her legs, when another hand reaches out to gently interlock its fingers with hers.