Chapter 13: The Man From Andong

Lisa sits silently in her car, waiting patiently for the numbers on her dash to reach 12. Jennie sent her here on a job, and though the blonde had much rather have stayed in bed curled up next to Chaeyoung, business was business. The building she's parked outside of doesn't look like much during the day - an obelisk of black juxtaposed against the steely hues of the skyscrapers towering in the distance. The sign out front of the building isn't turned on, but the neon tubing is enough of a contrast against its face to be read in the daylight.

The Lair.

**********

"Jennie it's 8 in the morning what do you want." Lisa whispers harshly, trying her best not to wake up Chaeyoung.

"This is a work call, Lisa. Your father needs you for something."

She turns and looks back at the pink haired girl. Roseanne sleeps soundly, a peaceful glow encompassing her by the large window's light. Lisa smiles to herself for a moment, taking in the sight of the sleeping seraph, then carefully slips out of bed. She quietly tiptoes over to the living room.

"What is it?"

"We've got to start expanding your clientele." Jennie's voice crackles over the phone. "You cannot let this Joker guy catch up to you in the market. From what I've been hearing through the grapevine, his stuff is getting more popular with the young crowd . If we aren't careful, it'll be the death of the Manoban empire."

"Then where do I start?"

"There's a pretty popular club owner I know. Goes by the name of V."

"The weird guy with the blue-hair? The one that owns The Lair?"

"That's the one. I need you to head over there at 12 to try and cut a deal with him. It'll do wonders for your revenue. Think you can do it?"

**********

Lisa looks to the passenger seat. Behind her purse is another, much more expensive white Valentino bag - Chaeyoung's. She puts it underneath the passenger seat next to Roseanne's blue dress. It hangs daintily over the window, holding back the evening light.

The scavenger hunt that Lisa had to go on this morning just to find these items was quite tiresome, but at the very least stimulating to her brain. In the absence of Chaeyoung, it gave Lisa the opportunity to relive last night's moments in her head. She gazes longingly at the dress, remembering the way it flowed so gracefully along Roseanne's perfect legs, the way its oceanic hue complimented the twinkle in Chaeyoung's eyes when she smiled. Lisa's mind can't help but drift to the softness of those honeyed lips and the euphoria she felt from them brushing up against her own.

Focus, Manoban. You have work to do.

Lisa shakes her head and blinks a few times, trying to push away the thoughts of Chaeyoung for the time being. She reaches into her bag and withdraws her weapon, tucking it into her belt before exiting the vehicle. She double locks the car, slowly approaching the ominous black building.

The place seems unusually empty, even for it being midday. Not a single guard is posted outside. The space inside is actually quite large, every wall made of deep galactic black granite with some ornate gold baroque-esque fixtures along every edge. The entrance opens into what appears to be a dance floor. There's a full bar along the wall topped with some of the most expensive liquor around, and a raised level of ground at the back which Lisa assumes to be where the DJs set themselves. The whole building seemed a little odd, nonsensical; but different strokes for different folks, Lisa guessed.