Chapter 8

With Izuki before the fire
Midoriya POV:
I was walking home from school. Same old bullies. All of them assume I'm quirkless, since I haven't used it. But I have a quirk it's just.. not here yet. But one thing that is cool about my new life, is that All Might is my stepdad? I don't know, he hasn't proposed yet. I wish I could tell Kacchan about my new life. I haven't forgotten him. There's no way I could. I turn a coner and was greeted by a villain attack. I was quite used to seeing these now. Heroes took them down almost instantly. Seeing as there was only a small crowd it had just started. I shrugged and walked by. Since All Might is my stepdad I've been able to see a whole bunch of things. He's told me many stories, so I've become a little bored watching the attacks and see the heroes fight. I still wanna be a hero but you know, some things get boring. Once I realized how close I was to the apartment from the attack I got kind of worried. 'The villains quirk looked like an intense fire quirk. What if the fire spreads?' I started to panic inside my head. I could feel people's eyes on me as I muttered through my panic attack. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder. "Hello Izuki." It was Yagi-San. "Oh.. Hi Yagi-San. Shouldn't you be.." I pointed towards the villain. ".. helping?" He nodded and took his hand off my shoulder. "The villain has been taken care of. Now we just wait for the fire department and water heroes. Sadly the water heroes will take a little longer." He sighed as we walked into the apartment building. I nodded. "There was a big storm at the coast right?. Water heroes got stuck there?" I looked at him as he nodded. "In fact they are still cleaning it up." I nodded as Yagi-San pushed the elevator button. We sat in silence besides the few screams from outside. We both looked unsure, every now and then our heads shot back at the entrance. "Hey.. Yagi-San.. I don't think we should go upstairs right now.." I pulled on his sleeve. He nodded as we sat down in the lobby. I pulled out my phone and flipped through Wattpad. I had become really hooked on a book about my favorite anime One Punch Man. It was just Saitama as a girl. She wasn't bald though she just had really short hair. She wasn't 'out there' she was down to earth. I was currently on chapter 8. I was scrolling when I heard more screams. I jumped a little when I heard a small explosion. It reminded me of Kacchan though. I wonder what he is doing now. I smile to myself a bit. "Izuki, I think it is safe now we should take the stairs though." I nod and stand up. The explosions and screams still going on. I slowly make my way to the stairs and walk in the stairwell when I hear a very loud.. BOOM!.. And like that as I was less than a floor up as I look up and see stairs crashing down. "YAGI-SAN!" I yelled as he came running towards me in his All Might form. "IZUKI!" And just barely he saved me from the crashing stone. But just when we thought we were safe a small but big enough size piece of stone fell and hit my head. Everything went black instantly.

Yagi POV:
I looked at Izuku as everything seemed to move in slow motion. She slowly fell on the ground. I caught her in time and started slapping her face lightly. "Izuki. Izuki! IZUKI WAKE UP!" I started to panic as I saw blood trickle down the side of her head. I immediately took her in my arms and ran out of the now demolished building. We should've gotten out of there when we heard the screams. "SOMEONE HELP MY DAUGHTER!" I yelled. I didn't care that I was All Might right now, Izuki was in danger. Her mother is coming back tomorrow and she comes back to this? She trusted me to take care of her daughter for a week! I can't even do that. "All Might over here!" I look over to on if the paramedics that seemed to be stationed there. I nod and quickly bring over Izuki. "All Might! May We see your daughter?" "No now leave mme alone!" I said before slamming the ambulance doors shut. Damn press. "Is she okay?" I asked the paramedics. He nodded. "I am Saraha Gona. And it seems your daughter will be alright for now. The doctors at the hospital will give a full report. The worse thing I see right now is the slight crack in her head and a broken nose." I nod and sigh in relief. But I tense up once more after realizing she may not be as alright as Dr.Saraha seemed to put it.

-3 hours after arriving at the hospital-
Still Yagi:
I sat next to Izuki. Her body still and cold. She wasn't dead, but she was almost killed. I held her hand as the door to the room opened. "All Might." I nod. "So I have good and bad news. Which would you like first." I gave him the 'What-Do-You-Think' look. "Well. I guess I come with two pieces of each but yes. I'll start with a bit of bad news. Midoriya suffered a blow to the front of her head and one to the back. The one on the back of her head wasn't bad but that's what caused her to black out. Good news, the blow seems to of triggered something that kicked in her quirk. When she wakes she will have a quirk. Bad news 2.." The doctor hesitated. Just as he was about to start the phone rang. "All Might, Dr. a miss Inko Midoriya is here for Izuki." I nod quickly. "Okay Momo, tell her to come quickly." After the beep he turned to me again. "I think it's best you both know this news." I nod as we wait for Inko. After two minutes the door is almost busted down. "IZUKI!!" She cried. I stood up to let her have the seat next to her daughter. She took her daughters hand. The doctor explained everything that happened and what he explained to me. "Now it's time for the new information.." He sighed and looked at Izuki. "Due to the blow she suffered to the back of the head.. Midoriya may have memory loss. And specialists say she won't remember anything that happened since last week. Anyone and anything that happened will be forgotten." I looked at Inko. I think we were both thinking the same thing. 'Katsuki and the rest of the Bakugos.' "I though believe she will forget what happened during ages 0-12. And I'm pretty sure that's what may happen." He frowned as Inko shed more tears. Why must this happen to her? Why must she forget Katsuki?