Chapter 1. Alone

Art is not mine

♥︎Agent 8's pov♥︎

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

   "Take a picture 8!" Marina asked as she was posing for the picture. I tend to take a lot of pictures so I can remember these events because my mind seems to forget once and a while. "O-Ok." I lifted my octophone in the air and waited for Pearl if she was ready.

 She then gave the ok look and I told about three of them. "I like the second better than the other two." Pearl grabbed my phone away and looked at the three pictures. 

Pearl always wants these events perfect for me sometimes and Marina as well. "Well 8 we best be going back home!" Marina suggested as she took my phone from Pearl and gave it to me. I nodded my head and we left Inkopolis Square. I turned my phone on and saw the time, it was 7:54 P.M. Pearl and Marina do a lot of things for me and make sure I'm comfortable and safe. 

But sometimes when we go out Pearl and Marina have to disguise themselves because of there hug fans. "Would you like anything to eat 8?" Marina asked me, I shook my head "no". Her smile then turned to a little frown, Marina always gets upset when I refuse to eat. 

She sometimes thinks I'm depressed or something like that. "8 you need to eat dinner! What about your health?" She Nagged me about it. She did it for the past week or so and I finally nodded my head "yes". "8, you should speak more often. You have a pretty cute voice just saying." Pearl mentioned. I don't speak, I usually nodded my head "yes" or "no" but I'm not mute. 

I kinda have a fear of speaking, like nobody would want to listen to my voice because of how annoying it sounds.  "I-I'll t-try...." I managed to say something, I mostly stutter because the lack of me speaking. "Awww!!" They both awwed. I just found my voice rather disgusting.

 I felt like Pearl & Marina were just faking it the whole time and nobody would understand. That's why I wear a mask so I don't have to speak, all I can do is nod in agreement or disagreement. I have a feeling like I'm missing something in my heart that a huge hole is in it and nothing can heal it.

"What would you like 8!" Marina turned her expression into a smile and happiness. I just had a plain smile not like anything special. Marina and Pearl have something special but on the other hand I'm just a freak to everyone. 

I walked to the spare room they kept, it had radio players, albums, and a mattress that I spelt on with a blanket and a pillow or two. I took my mask off and put it on my mattress so I will never forget, I put a white T-shirt on and walk to the kitchen where Marina was cooking something that smelt really good.

"T-Thank y-you Ma-Marina...." I thanked her and looked away shyly. The most thing is I'm just shy about everything that I say like I'm waiting for someone to criticize my voice. 

"Look at that! He finally said something!" Pearl commented, Marina just elbowed Pearl in the shoulder.

"I-It's f-fine, M-Marina! I-I ne-need t-to spea-speak m-more of-often!" I was able to say a sentence. Marina came over and hugged me and same with Pearl. They told me that they always wished that I can speak. But it still didn't satisfy me, the whole in my heart is still there....

"Can I really be healed like this?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I hope you enjoyed the first chapter of this book! I'm excited to make more of these chapters!

♥︎IronicGayOcto signing off ♥︎