19-One Drink

Jade's POV

I went to my bedroom and collapsed on the bed.

I flipped over so I was laying on my back and sighed.

Long night.

I slid my jacket off and searched the pockets for my picture.

Nothing. I searched the other pocket. Empty.

I sat up. Oh no.

Where did it go?

I can't loose that picture.

I put my jacket down and began looking around my apartment floor.

Its gone.

Please let it be anywhere but at Jax's house.

His house is a maze. I explored it more than I should have, it could be anywhere in there.

I sat down on my bed and let the tears roll down my face.

I can't loose that picture. I can't.

How could I be so stupid as to even think about taking it out of the box?

My dumbass lost them again.

I'm sorry mom. I'm sorry Amparo.

My memories stared to flood my mind.

The good and the bad.

A sudden burst of anger swept through me. If Jessica were to get her hands on the photo.

I would die.

I have to go back to Jax's house. The last place I was in was the kitchen. It has to be there.

I jumped out of bed and changed clothes as quickly as I could. Into a black t-shirt tucked into my denim jeans with a belt and a pair of black ankle boots.

I grabbed my, wallet keys, ID badge, and phone and left the apartment. I called a taxi on the way down. It took a while for it to get here but not too long.

I gave the driver directions and he drove me to Jax's house. when we arrived the taxi couldn't get past the gate surrounding the house so I walked the rest of the way.

The new guards at the gate let me in and so did the ones at the door of the house. The door shut behind me.

"Jax?" I called out. My voice had bounced off the walls back to me.

No workers had even come up to me they had all went home. the house was almost deserted.

Only Jax and Jessica could be here now but because the house is so big I doubt they'd be able to hear me.

I started walking around the house calling out Jax's name looking for him. After a few minutes I found my way to the kitchen.

Jax was there. hunched over the kitchen counter, his back turned to me. With a bottle in his right hand and a photo in the other.

"Jax." I spoke, but my voice didn't sound warm or comforting. "I want my picture back."

He stayed quiet and still. he was just staring at the marble counter top.

"I need my photo back Jax. Now." I was very upset.

"Who are you?" He finally spoke. "Are you Jade? Or maybe," he let out a small chuckle and lifted his head still with his back turned to me. "Maybe you're just Amparo in disguise."

He let out a bigger chuckle. "How crazy would that be?" he began circling the kitchen island. "Cause if I'm being honest," he took a drink from his bottle. "the more I looked at this picture the less differences I found."

He stopped walking until he was on the other side of the counter and held up the photo and stared at it. "There is one major distinction between you two. The hair."

"Jax just give it to me." I said.

"She has blonde hair just like your mother. Yours is a light brown, like your fathers."

"Jax give it to me, you're drunk!"

"So?" He didn't seem to care. "My father was drunk. He's been drunk for most of my life." He took another swing from his bottle.

He came back around the counter and walked up to me. How did he get drunk so quickly?

He didn't look at me though. He looked at my hair, mainly my roots.

"You're roots aren't showing yet Amparo." He said. "You must have just got them done."

While he was distracted I snatched the bottle from his hand.

"Give that back." He commanded in a low voice.

"Give me my photo back." I lifted my hand to get it but he pulled his hand back so I couldn't grab it.

"Not how it works sweetheart." He looked at the bottle then back at me. "Take a drink sweetheart."

"No." I tried reaching for the photo again but Jax shoved my hand and backed away from me.

"One drink, baby. And ill give you your picture back." his voice was low and serious.

I looked at the bottle then back at him. "One drink?"

"One shot baby that's all it takes." A smile or a smirk began to grow on his face, I couldn't tell which it was.

I held the bottle in front of me and stared at it for a while.

"I'm sorry Ampy." I whispered to myself before I raised the bottle to my lips.

The strong liquid burned my throat and the back of tongue. I looked over at Jax, he had a satisfied look on his face.

He walked over to me. "Was that so hard baby?"

"Don't call me that. And don't call me sweetheart." I responded.

"Why not?" He grabbed my waist and pulled my closer to him. "You don't like it?"

"You're drunk."

"Then take me to bed." He stared into my eyes. "Up the stairs, room at the end of the hallway."

"Fine." I grabbed onto his forearm to lead him up the stairs. good thing he wasn't stumbling.

I took his to the room he told me to and helped him get into the bed. The room was a master bedroom and it was very big with a large bed.

I laid him on the bed as he climbed under the covers. He took off his shirt, then his belt, then his pants.

I looked away uncomfortably and he got undressed.

"Here." He spoke and handed me my photo. "I'm sorry."

I looked at the photo then back at him. "Don't be. I forgive you."

He laid his head down onto his pillow and put his arm over his eyes.

"Goodbye Jax." I looked at him as I put my photo in my pocket. "I'll see you tomorrow."

I turned around to leave but Jax grabbed my wrist.

"Wait." He stopped me.

I looked back at him. "What is it?"

"I need a goodnight kiss to fall asleep.

"Jax-" He cut me off.

"I know I'm drunk. But please. Jessica isn't here." He gently pulled me closer as he laid his head back down.

I hesitated but I leaned down and moved his hair out of the way and placed a kiss on his forehead.

His eyes shut as I did it and he was passed out.

I pulled away from him.

"Sleep well Jax." I whispered before I left the house.

***********************

Word count: 1173