24-Fear

Jade's POV

I was in the hospital now. Sitting on the bed.

Jax was right next to me, holding my hand.

He would not let me go the whole ride here.

The doctor already cleaned up all the blood. Jessica threw that glass harder than I thought I got two stiches.

She's stronger than she looks.

Jax spoke. "How are you feeling?"

"I'll be okay."

"Does it still hurt?" He looked at my head.

"A little but I'll live."

He stayed quiet but placed a kiss on my forehead.

When he pulled away I aske him "Why do you keep doing that?"

"Doing what?"

"Kissing me. I thought we were supposed to be faking this, and why did you come with me you're already busy at work? And why-"

He cut me off by kissing me again.

"You ramble a lot." He smiled at me.

There was a knock at the door before I could respond.

The doctor came in. "Well looks like you're all set." He looked at his clipboard and back at us. "You're ready to go." he smiled. "Just take one of these pain killers a day for two weeks and you should be okay." He handed me a piece of paper.

I looked at Jax. "Jax could you wait for me outside please."

He looked confused for a minute but nodded and left the room.

"Something wrong Ms. Holt?" The doctor asked.

"I haven't been sleeping, doctor, I've been having nightmares. Do you think you can give me something to sleep."

He took a piece of paper, wrote on it then handed it to me. "Take one of these before you go to bed, but don't mix it with you other pills. I suggest taking your pain killers on the morning."

I got up from the bed. "Thank you doctor."

I left the room. Jax was right next to the door of the room.

Once he saw me he embraced me in a big hug. I hesitated but a slowly wrapped my arms around his waist.

He pulled away from you. "I'm taking you home."

*****************

Jax took me to get my painkillers and I was able to get my sleeping pills without him knowing.

I just asked him to get me some Chapstick while I got the prescription.

Surprisingly he did get it for me. Strawberry flavored.

We just got to my apartment, right at my front door.

I got out my keys and unlocked the door.

I looked at Jax before I went in. "Thanks for everything." I smiled.

"Are you sure you'll be okay by yourself?" He asked.

"You worry too much about me."

"No I don't." He leaned in closer to me.

I thought he was going to kiss me again, so I placed my hand on his chest stopping him.

He looked down at my hand and took it in his.

"Im sorry." He apologized and let go of my hand. "I'm sorry for kissing you so much. I just care about you."

"Why?"

"I don't know. When Jessica hit you with that glass something snapped. I wanted to protect you."

"Isn't that supposed to be my job? I'm supposed to be protecting you."

"I know you are but..." He paused.

He didn't say anything.

I took his hand and slowly pulled him into the apartment.

I don't know why I did. I guess I just felt like no one else needed to hear us.

I closed the door after he stepped inside.

I turned to look at him. "Jax I understand that I agreed to this. And I agreed to protect you with my life. I'm supposed to be with you for almost every minute. But I think this has gone too far."

"What are you taking about Jade?"

"I can't do this anymore." I felt so broken, so defeated and crushed.

"What is the problem Jade?" He grabbed my face.

A tear had run down my face. "I can't go through with this. As much as I need to get Jessica alone I can't do it."

"Why not? Tell me, please."

I let out a shaky breath and removed his hands from my face. "I can't tell you."

"Why? What is stopping you?"

"I can't tell you anything."

He started to get angry, and I wanted to bawl my eyes out once more. More tears ran why down my face.

"Why do you do this to me!?" He voice was laced with rage. "Nothing is stopping you! You are getting in your own way Jade! What are you so afraid of!?"

"Jessica!" I yelled. I took a deep breath to try to calm myself down.

Jax's expression softened immediately. His voice was quiet now. "What?"

"I have experience traumatizing things. I can handle a shooting, Her throwing a bottle over my head, hell, I can even handle someone making an attempt on your life no problem. But no one haunts my dreams more than Jessica does."

He stayed quiet in shock. He was processing what I said.

"You think you know her Jax. A fake affair will only make things worse. I suggest you get as far away from her as possible."

"What did she do to you?" He looked very concerned for me. He reached for me face again but I stepped back.

"I can't get involved with you anymore Jax. I'm sorry."

"What are you saying?"

"I can't be near you anymore Jax. I'm sorry. I quit. I won't be your body guard anymore. I'll look for another job."

I walked over to the door and opened it for him.

"Please leave." I stared at the floor.

He hesitated. He's so stubborn he won't leave.

"Jax please." I looked at him. "Just go."

He looked defeated. He hesitated at first but he slowly walked to the door.

He stopped when he was next to me and stared at me.

"You can't live your life in fear Jade."

That's all he said before he walked out the door.

I slowly closed the door behind me and waited a few minutes until he left.

I leaned against the door and slid down as I bursted out into tears.

Why does it hurt so much? To see him go, and leave me.

Even when I forced him to leave.

"Oh Ampy." I whispered. "Mom. No matter what I do it hurts. I just want you guys back. And I miss dad too, I want to see him. I miss everyone. What should I do?"

I kept crying and whispering my sister and mother until I cried myself to sleep.

******************

Word count: 1100